Chapter 22: Fifty Push Ups With The Boys

You made your way to the courtyard and you saw Kaito talking to Shuichi.
"Hey you two!" You greeted and sat down next to them.
"Hi Y/N." Shuichi smiled.
"Hey my North Star I'm so glad you came!" Kaito excitedly exclaimed and pulled you in for a hug. "Shuichi took a bit of convincing to come."
"Well Shuichi Im glad you decided to come. It's fun to hang out as a group." You grinned and Shuichi nodded.
"Yeah you're absolutely right!" Shuichi concurred and then looked at Kaito. "So what are we doing here? It's not about the motive videos right?"

"Come on man of course it's not about that we all agreed to not exchange them." Kaito sighed in frustration shaking his head. "See since I was chosen as an astronaut trainee I've trained every day but I haven't done any training here at all. At this rate I'll get all weak so I chose my one and only lovely Y/N and you Shuichi to join me."

"What!? Why me? I understand Y/N but me?!" Shuichi exclaimed shocked.
"Doesn't matter let's get started! Take off your coat!" Kaito ordered and you saw Shuichi gulp he obviously didn't want to workout and you were in the same boat as him. But since you are here you did as instructed and took off your lab coat.
"Wait why?!" Shuichi complained.
Kaito formed two fists and had a fiery look in his eyes. "Instead of complaining just do fifty push ups!"

All three of you got into a row with Kaito in the middle. Shuichi was visibly struggling and Kaito had a smirk on his face and it almost looked as if this was easy for him. You were struggling to make it to fifty but somehow you managed to keep up with them. But you could feel the sweat on your face and you just wanted this to be over.
"Come on Y/N you can do it! You're doing great!" Kaito yelled trying to motivate you.
"Hrgh...hrgh....this....is....tiring!" You panted trying to find the strength to keep going.
"Why...do I...have to do this?" Shuichi panted looking at Kaito.

"Now's not the time to use your head! How's the time to move your body!" Kaito yelled as if he wasn't breaking a sweat and this was just easy to him.
"Kaito...how...are...you...doing...this so easily?!" You whined and he laughed.
"Because I have been training to be an astronaut! A chemist and a detective you use your intelligence more than your body but your body is important too so don't neglect it!" Kaito exclaimed and you sighed.
"But...I like...cake...and cookies..." You panted and images of cake and cookies flooded your mind and you heard Kaito and Shuichi both laugh.

"Arghhhh....!" Shuichi panted and he started to slow down.
"What's the matter? Slowing down already?" Kaito asked.
"I...never...do push ups...My arms are giving out..." Shuichi complained.
"Hey! Don't say that! The impossible is possible! All you gotta do is make it so!" Kaito tried to motivate and encourage him but judging my Shuichi's confused face trying to figure out how that logic works.

"I'm...gonna...make it...to fifty...even if...it's the last thing...I...do... and it probably will be." You complained trying to keep going and ignoring the pain in your arms. Doing this made you realize the lack of strength you have. If someone targeted you how would you defend yourself? How could you survive this killing game without some physical strength? Sure you have mental strength but physical strength is important to survive this game too. Thinking about it some more eventually you made it to fifty and when you did your arms just gave out and you collapsed on the grass panting hard and so did Shuichi. But Kaito was as chipper as can be.

"Good job Y/N I'm proud of you!" Kaito smiled and you only sighed in response. He then looked over at Shuichi. "Geez thats oatehtic man...Getting tired from only fifty push ups."
"Why does Y/N get praise and I get scolded?" Shuichi panted his face completely sweaty.
"Because I'm special Shuichi." You joked laughing but every time you laughed it hurt.
"Serves you right." Shuichi laughed pointing at you but he barely had the strength to point at you.