Chapter 10: Thinking of A Plan and Freetime Nail Time

You and Kaito decided to walk and talk. You assumed Kaede and Shuichi were in the library based on what Kaede told you but you decided to keep it to yourself.
  "Sooo..." You trailed off.
"So?" Kaito asked confused.
"What...happened in the dining hall before I arrived?" You shyly asked with a smile. You looked at Kaito and you saw a blush creep on his face.

"Err nothing! We have to think of a plan to survive!" Kaito exclaimed changing the subject.
"But I want to know." You said.
"It's basically what the others said I was asking about you no one said they saw you I got concerned and then Kokichi said he killed you to start the game. I got mad and I grabbed him by his shirt and was about to beat him up and that's when he said it's a lie and Kaede confirmed you were alive. Once she did that I calmed down and I told him he better not even think about touching you." Kaito stated recalling the events. You noticed that when he mentioned that Kokichi said he killed you that his face looked mad recalling the moment.
"So you were going to beat up Kokichi for killing me?" You asked.
"Yeah of course  I trust you. I can't lose the person I trust." Kaito replied.
"Thanks Kaito." You smiled.

"Don't thank me yet we still have to come up with a plan. Everyone is doubting us we can't prove them right." Kaito stated with determination.
"I mean...with everything we don't have many options." You sadly said looking down. Kaito then placed his finger under your chin and caused you to look at him straight in his eyes.
"I believe in you and I believe in us! Two heads are better than one so we can do this! Don't give up hope just yet!" You looked at him straight in the eyes you could feel your heart pounding and a blush rising to your cheeks since you two were in such a close proximity. The determination and seriousness in his eyes made you believe that he was right and you can't give up just yet.
"Thanks Kaito I believe we can do it too!" You exclaimed with a slight laugh.
"Now that's the spirit!" Kaito laughed with a virtuous smirk. "Come on we can do this!"
  You gazed at Kaito and how confident and assure of himself he was. With how he speaks and how he carries himself it was infectious. Snapping yourself out of your gaze you began to think of a plan.
"I mean fighting is pointless I know that but...I rather go down fighting so if all else fails maybe we could try that." Kaito suggested.
"I mean sure we could try that. But that should be a last resort." You said.
Kaito then scratched his head and let out a big sigh. "Thinking about our deaths it's horrible I don't want to believe it but if things do go south you should head to the tunnel."
You looked at the astronaut confused and shocked at statement. "What? Why?"
"Because one of us should try to make it out alive if things do go bad." Kaito answered.
"That's a death trap!" You exclaimed.
"Better than dying to a thousand Monokumas or to Exisals." Kaito sighed.
You shook your head no with a serious expression on your face. "I'll fight at your side. No matter what danger we face. We'll face it together."

Kaito looked at you to see if you were serious and then realizing you were he looked away and with a small grin looked back at you. "You're kind of stubborn you know that? But even if we haven't known each other for long to me you are a trustworthy companion. So I guess even if that happens I'll try to protect you as best as I can that's a promise as my companion and a vow from Kaito Luminary of the Stars!" Kaito proudly announced with a serious expression on his face.
You looked at him and tried to stifle your laughter. The two of you kept talking and yet you couldn't think of a better plan it all felt hopeless but you didn't want to give into that.
As you were walking you then saw Kaede who was smiling.
"Hey Y/N hey Kaito." Kaede greeted giving you a hug.
"Hey Kaede." Kaito waved.
"There's some free time left. Do you mind if I take Y/N for some girl time?" Kaede asked.
"It's fine I'll find something to do for free time." Kaito said.
"Okay see ya later Kaito." You smiled and waved as you and Kaede walked away. "So where are we going?"
"Tsumugi is going to do my nails so I thought you should join in the fun." Kaede excitedly answered with a bright and cheery smile on her face.
"Why not?" You shrugged.