One

Cassandra's POV

I run into the woods with unknown people following me with fire, swords and daggers. I don't even know why they are after me.

"You need to leave. Save yourself." My mother's voice rung in my head.

I took a long jump, changing into my wolf form in mid-air before sprinting with the topmost speed and getting out of everyone's sight.

I managed myself to find an abandoned coyote's den and stayed in there for a while, catching my breath.

"When you're out there and find the truth about yourself, accept it."

I couldn't help it as a sob broke through my lips and tears rolled down. Two minutes later, I was back to my feet again.

I heard a twig break and my ears perked up. Looking around, I couldn't actually see anyone. A second later, flashlight was flashed over me and I quickly hid back. The footsteps slightly faded and I came out, looking at the person.

It was just a teenage boy, almost as tall as me and was recording the surroundings. I rolled my eyes and made a plan.

Sneaking behind him, I hit him on the head, knocking him out. When I was sure he was unconscious, I removed his pants and the tshirt he was wearing. I left him in his underwear and black jacket and took some money from his pocket.

And just like that, I was on the way again. To where? Even I don't know.

Walked through the woods and in no time, I was on the road. I saw a truck and asked for a lift. Inside was a oldman who looked at me from head to toe.

"Where are your shoes?" He asked in frown.

"Why do you care?" I raised my eyebrow and got in. I paid him from the money I stole and he drove me to whatever place he was going.

_

"I can't drive you further." The man said, stopping the truck on some deserted road.

I nodded and turned to him.

"You know where Alora is?" I asked and noticed his heartbeat rising and gulped. Even sweat beads formed on his forehead and I could smell fear.

"Why do you wanna k-know?" I glared at him.

"Just answer the question, oldie." He shook his head.

"You need to get out of my truck." I narrowed my eyes on him before showing him my claws.

"Tell me, where Alora is or I'll stab these in your neck and leave you to bleed." I whispered in a dangerous voice. He gasped as he looked into my eyes and I figured they must have changed their colour.

"T-three m-miles f-from here." He stuttered out. I smirked.

"Thanks." I got out and was on the way again.

Four hours later, I was standing in front of a fallen church. It was almost crumbled into soil. I found two broken piece of board and put them together.

Alora.

It completed. I was in Alora but, what next?

Alora was home to every supernatural creature as they say. Spirits of legendary creatures before us still lie here. Or, so I have been told.

"Hey! Someone's there!" I heard a masculine voice and was startled.

Why didn't anyone tell me that people still live here in this barren land!?

I got up and ran to the other side of the church and was surprised to see a lake behind it. I sat down at the lakeside and sighed before looking at my own reflection in it.

My black hair had started to turn white for some odd reason and they were all greasy and entangled. There was a cut on my left cheek and a cut on the corner of my lip. There was dirt all over my face and I looked so... different from the last time I saw myself.

Eight weeks ago, was it?

I made a cup from my hands and drank the water. It was sweet, surprisingly and really tasty.

After drinking, I took some of the water to clean my face.

Holy moon, when was the last time I took a bath?

As I lifted the water, I saw a hand coming towards me to grab my shoulder.

I caught that hand before it could touch me and I flipped the person over me. He groaned and pulled out his sword with a grunt and anger that was directed at me.

He then tried to stab me with the sword but I dodged it and elbowed him harshly, making him fall. I took the time to snatch his sword and placed it's end on his neck.

"Who are you?" He asked in a whisper.

"I don't see the reason you should know. Sneak on me next time and I'll cut you in half." I warned and threw the sword away from him. "Now tell me, what creature are you and whom do you work for."

He shook his head. I sighed and rolled my eyes and cupped his face, harsh and opened his mouth. I examined his canines and groaned in annoyance.

"Vampire, huh? Gosh, I hate you guys." I left him and walked into the darkness.

I need food, desperately.

Maybe I should just go back and eat that vampire.

Nah. Eat a vampire? I'll just die starving.

__

Next day, my eyes opened to bright sunlight and heavy footsteps. I looked down from the tree I was sitting on and was surprised to see hunters and...rogues?

Since when did they collab together?

As I was peeking in, I accidentally stepped on a weak branch and it broke with a crack sound.

"Did you hear something?" The one standing in front of everyone asked the others. They all shook their heads and I sighed in relief. But then, that man suddenly looked up and spotted me.

"There! Shoot!"

My eyes widened and I tired to think of something quickly. I got too late and one of the bullets scratched my arm and I groaned. I jumped from the tree, running in the opposite direction with rogues and hunters following me.

I was almost near the lake when I felt someone grab my arm and pull me back. One hand was on my mouth, preventing me from saying anything and the other was around my waist, holding me in place.

"Where did she go?!" That same man yelled in anger. I shut my eyes close, claws digging into my palm, making it bleed.

"Scatter around and get me that wolf!!" The man yelled again and everyone left that spot.

I sighed and pushed back from the man. As I looked up, he was gone. I didn't even see his face.