Twenty Five

Cassandra's POV

I came back to the castle and was surprised to see Gabriel and other rogues there. I smiled and pulled Gabriel in a hug.

"Hey." He smiled.

"Hey. So, you've all decided who you want as your Alpha?" I asked, looking at everyone.

"Yeah." Gabriel scratched his neck. Annette stepped out of the crowd and hugged my legs.

"Luna!" I chuckled and ruffled her hair, kissing her cheek and picked her up in my arms. "I wanna be in yours and alpha Darius's pack!"

"Really? I'd love to have you in our pack." I smiled at her.

"Some of us want to join the Rodriguez pack and some want to join the Connor's pack." Gabriel said.

"That's completely fine." I nodded.

"Thank you, Luna!" Everyone cheered. They looked happy and talked among themselves. It honestly warmed my heart to see their smiling faces.

I noticed Travis, the rogue from that day we were attacked standing in a corner with guilt and sadness in his eyes.

His eyes caught mine and I offered him a smile. He gulped and turned away from me, ashamed. I frowned but then saw Annette babbling something to me. I chuckled and laughed with her on that.

Suddenly, it thundered and a few raindrops fell on my head. I glared at Annette, playfully.

"Is that you?" She giggled and hid her face in my neck.

"This time, it's not."

I chuckled and called Ella. I then motioned everyone to get in and told them that Ella would show them their rooms.

"Travis, can we have a small chat?" I asked. He turned around, surprise evident on his face and shakily nodded his head.

"Yes, Luna."

"Would you like to be my Beta, Travis?"

His eyes widened. "W-what?"

"My Beta."

"But...why would you want that? I..I attacked you!" He said, bewildered.

"You didn't. You backed off." I smiled. "Let's say, everyone deserves a chance to make things right, don't they?"

"Are you sure?"

"Positive."

He looked into my eyes with newfound determination and pride and got on his knees, bowing. "I'll never disappoint you, Luna. I'll try my best."

On the way back to my room, I stopped by the King's chambers and asked him about making a new building for the new pack members.

He said he would introduce me to some builders.

________________________

As I stepped inside the room, I saw Darius's clothes laying on the chair. As if on cue, the door knob clicked and he stepped out of the bathroom with water dripping down his body and wet hair, looking devilishly handsome.

"Hey." He whispered. I smiled and mumbled a hi.

We just stared at each other for a moment before he excused himself and put on a pair of sweatpants. I sat on the bed, looking at the moon outside. After he was done, he sat beside me, taking my hand in his and caressing it with his thumb.

"So, I'm leaving tomorrow. For the battle." He said, looking at my hand.

"I'll be the incharge of our pack tomorrow." I said. He nodded with sigh and looked at me.

"I wish I could be there to watch you boss around." He chuckled. I glared at him and pulled my hand back.

"I don't boss around people." I frowned and he chuckled, wrapped his hands around me and pulled me over his lap. Burying his face in my neck, he placed a light kiss, making me shiver. Another kiss he placed on my jaw and then in my cheek.

"Hmm." I sighed and he rolled us over on the bed such that, I was on top of him. I grinned and leaned down, kissing his lips in a very passionate and hungry way which he returned.

Our tongues danced together and lips moulded against each other, perfectly. And he tasted so freaking good.

He rolled us over again and pulled back, unbuttoning my shirt. After he was done, he discarded the stupid piece of clothing away and leaned down, smashing his lips against mine again.

He then suddenly pulled back and I opened my eyes, taking in his view. His perfectly sculpted torso and then his beautiful eyes that had turned golden yellow now. His canines had grown now and he looked at me, un-surely.

I cupped his face in my hands and rested our foreheads before whispering, "it's fine." And kissed his lips.

He licked the base of my neck, making me moan before finally digging his fangs onto a specific spot.

It hurt, for sure but only for a moment. But then again, I started feeling dizzy.

He kissed my forehead with a smile and laid next to me, covering us with the blankets.

__

Darius's POV

"Cass..." I whispered in her ear, waking her up. She opened her eyes with a groaned and frowned.

"What's wrong?" She asked, rubbing her eyes.

"Nothing. I just wanted to tell you that I'm leaving." That, made her fully awake.

"So early?" She asked, getting out of the bed.

"Yeah. I didn't want to go without saying bye to you." I cupped her face, caressing her cheek. She glared at me.

"You're not saying bye to me anyway." She said. I smiled, resting my head on hers.

"You know, I love you-"

"Shut up." She gritted out.

"- so much. I've always loved you and-"

"Stop..." She whispered shakily.

"- it's really hard to say goodbye at this point when we have been through so much." A tear rolled down my cheek.

"Darius..." She gripped my shirt in her fist.

"I'll try my best to come back to you..." Her teary eyes look right into mine, our lips just an inch apart. "And if I don't..."

"Don't say it please..." She sobs.

"Remember that, I would still love you." I close my eyes and lean down. I opened my eyes when I couldn't feel her and all I saw was darkness.

"Cass?" I called out in dark, my voice echoing around.

"Cassey...?" I try again. I take a step back to turn around and see a cliff. Suddenly, someone pushes me from behind and I fall off the cliff with a loud scream.

"Cassandra!!"