Fifteen: Fireworks

Darius's POV

I was talking to my beta and a few warriors about the increasing the castle's security when I heard a few chatters calling out my favorite word.

"Cassey! Cassey! Play with us!"

"Cassey, teach us to fight!"

I looked ahead of me and saw a few kids surrounding Cassandra, jumping around her in circles while screaming, giggling and asking her to play with them.

I nodded at my warriors before walking towards them.

"Now you sit here. Wear this crown." A small girl handed her a paper crown with a few pink flowers on it.

"I made it!" A boy announced with a bright grin.

"It's beautiful, little man." Cassandra smiled at him.

"Alpha Darius!"

__

We were sitting alone in booth of an old diner. Both of us eating our meal in comfortable silence. Cassandra looked so beautiful in a plain white t-shirt and ripped jeans. Her hair were tied in a messy ponytail. She was really happy for some reason too. Whole day she wore a smile on her face as we passed streets and some shops.

"Did you like it?" I asked as she pushed her plate a little away from here, indicating she was done. She nodded, bobbing her head up and down with an exciting grin.

"It's was delicious." She smiled. I smiled and back asked the waiter for bill. We then left the dinner and aimlessly walked around the streets. A man at the florist offered her a red rose with a kind smile on his face. I paid him for his kindness and we continued walking.

"Where do you wanna go, now?" I asked her, stopping at the traffic light. She shrugged.

"I don't know." She mumbled. "Anywhere is fine."

"It's getting a little dark now. Wanna head the beach before going back to our room?" I asked.

"Sure." A smile formed on her face again.

Beach was just a five minute walk and we reached there pretty fast. Aside from a few guys and girls, there was no one else on the beach.

Cassandra sat on the sand with her legs crossed and patted the space beside her for me to sit. I sighed sat beside her, silently. I felt her touch on my hand and I looked down. She was trying to entwine her baby finger around mine.

"Baby steps?" She whispered with flushed cheeks. I grinned and interlocked our hands, my other arm wrapping around her waist as she placed her head on my shoulder, snuggling with a sigh. I kissed her forehead, drawing circles on her waist with my thumb.

"Do you like it here?" She asked in a whisper. "Away from all the responsibilities and duties in the castle?"

"For a moment, it's nice to get away from the reality but eventually, you have to come back." I said. She nodded. "What about you?"

"I like it here. It's just so...peaceful." she sighed.

She moved her head back and fiddled with my collar. "Can I?" She asked. I nodded, not sure what exactly she had asked for.

She started unbuttoning my shirt and my eyes widened. She stopped when she had reached the second button and pulled the collar little, showing off my neck.

"It's beautiful." She whispered, her hand tracing the mark she had given me, shakily. "Did it hurt?"

"It was worth it." I tucked her hair behind her ear.

"Darius..." She whispered.

"Hmm?"

The next thing I know, her lips were on mine. It was just for a split second - no movement, no tongue, just a mere touch.

She looked away from me when she pulled back. Her breaths were uneven, her heartbeat with loud and fast, her chest heaved a little with her breathes.

I could still feel the sparks and tingles throughout my body through that just one touch.

She turned to me, her eyes flickering between my lips and eyes. Gently, I slid my hand around her neck and pulled her in. With my other hand around her hip, I pulled her over my lap.

Our heads and noses were touching and lips were almost brushing each other. I felt our heartbeats were syncing as I heard hers and I knew she could hear mine. Slowly, I tilted my head with my gaze on her inviting pink lips. She closed her eyes, lips parted and clutched my shirt tight in her hand.

With closed eyes, I collided our lips together. It was everything they describe in those romance novels and so much more than that. There was fireworks, sparks and tingles throughout my body with butterflies fluttering in my stomach.

Our tongues danced together as we explored each other's mouth. Both her hands wrapped around my neck and mine grabbed her ass, squeezing it. She sucked on my lower lip, biting it lightly before deepening the kiss again.

"Mmm.." she moaned as I squeezed her hips. I could smell her arousal as she could feel my hardened length.

We both pulled back at the same time. Her eyes had turned beautiful purple, indicating her wolf was on edge. I bet mine were golden yellow since my wolf was going wild in my head too.

"We should go." I said in a raspy voice.

"We should." She muttered before leaning down and pecking my lips again. I locked my hand in her hair, pulling her deeper. A moment later, I pulled back and rested my forehead on hers with a chuckle.

"We really should go." I smiled and pecked her forehead before helping her off my lap and getting up myself.

I couldn't help myself but smile looking at her.

She turned to me with a playful grin, tilting her head to one side.

"So, I can kiss you anytime now?" I grabbed her hands and pulled it to my lips, kissing her every knuckle.

"Anytime."

"Wherever?"

"Wherever." I smiled, resting my head on hers. "We are mates, Cassey. I'm yours just as much you are mine. And I love you, very much."

"It sounds nice." She smiled.

"What?"

"You're mine." She wrapped her arms around my neck, lovingly staring into my eyes. "I love you too, Darius."