Ten

Darius's POV

"What now? When is she gonna wake up?" I asked in concern.

"Don't worry. She'll be fine in the morning." Gideon said. A few minutes of silence later, he spoke again, furrowing his eyebrows. "When I asked her about her heat, she said four months ago, right?" He asked, staring at the empty wall.

"Your point is?" I raised my eyebrow.

"She-wolves experience heat every six months. That means, she still had two more months left for her heat to start." He narrowed his eyes at the wall.

"Maybe she got it early." I shrugged. He shook his head and made his way to Cassandra. He touched her head, her neck and then her hand. I felt irritated. "Don't touch her." He just rolled his eyes.

"Her heat, isn't natural. My spell would have stopped it but she's still burning up." He said and sighed in sadness. "What did she eat before the heat started?"

"I don't know. I was sitting in my office and then she came and snatched my tea and coughed up."

"Tea, you say?" He raised his eyebrow. "Where's the cup?"

"I don't know. It might still be in my office." I shrugged.

"Let's go." He started waving his wand. I huffed and grabbed his hand, pulling him out of the room to my office.

"You can walk, you lazy witch." I remind him.

"Wizard." He corrected.

I opened the door to my office and luckily, the cup was still there. Gideon smelled the cup a little before licking its surface.

"This was supposed to be your tea, right?" He asked and I nodded. "Someone was trying to drug you. If you had drunk this, you could have been in heat."

"I can't be in heat. I'm a man!"

"But this herb can work on anyone. Even humans or take me for example. I'm not even a werewolf." He chuckled. "What I mean to say is, unknowingly, my Luna saved you from making a big mistake."

We walked back to my room as I thought over the whole situation.

I remembered Connor telling me about some woman spotted buying herbs and potions.

And Victoria has been pestering me to drink that tea.

Was that woman really Victoria?

"Come to my place with her tomorrow." Gideon said and disappeared behind that grey smoke. I too went to sleep.

At night,

My eyes opened when I felt myself being moved a little. As I opened my eyes, I saw Cassandra grunting a little as she tried to move my hand from under my head. I lifted my head up and loosened a bit. She then straightened that arm and patted my bicep before laying down with her head on it.

She then grabbed my other hand and wrapped it around herself, resting it just above her butt. She then swung her leg around my hip and closed her eyes.

"I know you're awake so you're gonna forget this happened when the sun rises." She said with her eyes still closed.

"And what if I don't want to?" I asked, pulling her close. She took a long breathe, as if trying to memorize my scent.

"Then I'll kill you." She mumbled in my neck.

"You sure?" I asked, teasingly. She sighed.

"Maybe not." She opened her eyes, looking at me with a deadpanned look. "I'll skin you alive. Go to sleep." I chuckled and closed my eyes.

The next day I woke up, still entangled with her as she slept soundly.

I don't want this moment to ever end. She's just so beautiful, I can't stop staring at her.

A few moments later, she woke up and walked into the shower as if nothing happened.

Maybe I'm just thinking too much into it.

__

"You called us?" I asked Gideon as we stepped into his place.

"Coming straight to the point, Cassandra is the White Luna." He said and I felt Cassandra tense beside me. "The White Luna?"

"Yes. Product of two broken souls - King Jared and Josephine Michaelson. Strong or powerful? Clearly." He pointed at the scar on her cheek. "White hair equals white fur and that makes her the White Luna."

"Cass..."

"She knows this already. She found this book before us but didn't tell us." He glared at her and she rolled her eyes at him.

I sighed and we were engulfed in silence again. Until she spoke up.

"I don't want this." She said, almost in a soft whisper.

"What?" I asked.

"I don't want this. Gideon, wave your wand, do something and give it to someone else. Give it to Darius if possible!" She said out of no where.

"He's an man, I can't make him Luna." Gideon cringed.

"Then, make him a girl and then make him the Luna. I don't care! Get this thing out me!" She groaned in frustration.

I don't blame her to be honest. In a way, I do understand her.

"Cassey..." I pulled her in a hug. She didn't pull back but she did wrap her hands around me. "It will be fine. Don't worry."

A minute later, she nodded and pulled back. Gideon sighed before opening some page of the book and looking at us.

"First full moon is going to be hard." Gideon gulped. "And if you want to shift, you need to do it secretly."

"Why?" I asked, frowning.

"Being a White Luna is a threat to your life. There are people who can or will kill her if they found out." He pushed the book towards me.

I read the page and my eyes widened as I read it.

"Hybrids and immortality?" I asked and he nodded.

"Just keep her safe." Gideon sighed. I nodded and we went back to the castle.

Cassandra didn't say anything the whole time. I got her dinner in the room itself and she ate about two to three bites of it. She was sitting in the window, staring out at the night sky or maybe it was the half moon.

"Cass..." I called her. She turned to me, looking at me with softness in her eyes. I pulled up a chair beside her and sat, taking her hand in mine, drawing soft circles.

"I understand how you're feeling right now." I tell her.

"You do?"

"Yeah. When my brother died in the fire that night, the position of the Alpha just came at me and I didn't want that. I didn't trust myself to be responsible or be a good Alpha to my pack."

"Then, what did you do?" She asked, curiously.

"I saw that the people needed me. In a way, I just decided to go with the flow." I chuckled. "At first, everything seemed so weird with my brother's death and the sudden feel of power. But at the end of the day, seeing my pack be happy was what made me feel like being a good Alpha and taking up the responsibility."

She sighed.

"It's like doing bungee jumping for the first time." I continued. "You are worried about some possibilities that might happen like, what if the harness breaks or what if I hit my head to the ground? But the moment you set your fear aside and jump down the cliff, feeling the adrenaline pump into your body. That feeling is just great and you might wanna do it again and again." I smiled softly which she returned.

We sat in the comfortable silence, staring at each other.

"I miss mom." She said. I stepped towards her, wrapping my arm around her shoulders.

"She was a great woman."