Thirty Three

Cassandra's POV

"I know who you really are. Drop your act now and go back to the other side." Jarvis hissed in her ear, his skin turning blue, eyes turning red with golden slits, fangs and claws appearing on his nails.

Darius and I were shocked but Gideon seemed quite fine with it.

"Jarvis, stop. Please! She's Luna's mother." Gideon pleaded.

"She is not, Gideon! Don't you see?" He growled. "No one is fucking believe me and I will not wait around for her to finally act and kill someone so you people believe me!"

"Jarvis." I gulped. "I believe you. I've confirmed it myself."

"What? When?" Her eyes widened. I looked her in the eye, holding back my tears.

"The day we returned from shopping. I said sorry for not helping you and running away and you said it okay." I paused. "My mom never asked for my help. She told me run and save myself. Also, my mom would never, ever insult another's relationship like you did."

Her eyes sent daggers my way as she looked at me in disgust.

My mother's eyes...sent daggers my way and looked at me in disgust.

My throat was painfully tightening.

"Then why not blow it up?" She spat.

"I was waiting for you to act and give me some hint of what your motives were." I confessed.

Her lips curved up into a evil smirk. "My act, huh?" She leaned her head back and looked at Jarvis. "Hello, my toy. It was nice seeing you." He stiffened. She looked back at me. "You should probably go and check on that Royal Dad of yours. People have been wondering where he is."

I stepped back in surprise.

"What did you do?"

"Let me tell you, he doesn't have much time." She said and imitated a clock. "Tick, tock. Tick, tock."

I was turned around by Darius. He looked me in the eye. "Search for him. I'll take care of her." I nodded. "Go."

And I ran.

Down the stairs, looking of his scent. Through the crowd and around the rooms and finally found him in the backyard, sitting still on the bench.

"D-Dad." I stuttered, taking a step closer. He didn't look up, he didn't move.

He was as still as a statue.

He did look like he was breathing either.

"Dad." I called out again and stopped.

It wasn't him. Or was it him with a spell casted over?

Debate whether to step forward or not, I picked up a small rock and threw it his way.

The moment the rock touched him, he crumbled to soil. Fear gripped me.

I turned around and was blocked by a black cloak wearing figure.

I stepped back and there was another at my back.

Two more blocked my sides and slowly, the clouds had started to darken.

"Darius. Backyard. Help."

All I could say before one of the figures place it's hand on top of my head and I couldn't even move.

I blinked and the the figure was sent flying by Darius's kick.

In the next second, I was grabbed by my arm and pulled away from there.

"They are Blood Witches." Darius explained.

"What are we gonna do?" I asked.

"I don't know. But for now, I've told Connor to evacuate the castle. We are going to Gideon's place. And," he looked at me for a moment. "We didn't find the King."

________________________________________________

I woke up due to sunlight falling directly on my face. I sat straight with my back against the wall and ran a hand through my hair and sighed.

"Mornin' Luna." Annette stepped inside the room and chirped. I smiled at her, greeting her back. "Luna Ella came by and dropped some clothes for you." She placed a stack of clothes on the table.

"Thank you, Ann."

"You're welcome." She beamed. "Oh, and Alpha Darius said 'if she's awake, tell her to freshen up and come down for breakfast'."

"Okay."

I showered and wore the clothes Ella sent for me. It was a black sleeveless top and dark blue leggings.

As I stepped down, three of the men looked at me with concern and sympathy.

I simply smiled and kissed Darius on cheek before taking my seat at the table.

As I raised the spoon to eat, Annette shrieked out. "Dad! There's a fountain flowing through my hands!"

Gideon's eyes widened and he ran to her room while Jarvis chuckled and sat down.

"It's always like this?" Darius asked him.

"Yep. Little witch tries to do magic on her own even though we've told her thousands of time not to unless Gideon's there. One day, she even formed a thunder cloud which was hard to rid of as Gideon couldn't approach her. But after three lightening attacks, he managed."

We laughed with him.

Gideon came back, sighing tiredly and took his seat. We started eating and when done, I looked up.

"What are we gonna do next?"

"Kill the Blood Queen?" Gideon shrugged.

"You're wrong." Jarvis frowned. "Blood Queen was dead long ago, even before me." He said. "What is there of her is her soul and you can't kill a soul. A soul is immortal."

"Then what can we do?" Darius questioned.

"We will have to find a way to send her soul back to the other side." Jarvis said. "Which is quite difficult. Firstly, you'll need a witch to open the door to the other side." Darius and I looked Gideon. "Which is not permitted to wizards. You'll have to take permission."

"I'll talk with the council." Gideon nodded.

"And second and this is the tough one." He cleared his throat. "Her soul has took over Josephine's body which means there is a slight chance, Josephine's soul is still in there. So, if we kill the body to get her soul out, Josephine's soul will also go to the other side and she will be dead...for real."

"What if my mom's soul isn't there?"

"Then it gets easy. We kill the body, capture the soul and send it to the other side."

"We will have to confirm who resides in that body." Darius said, nodding.