Three

Cassandra's POV

I stepped out of the bathroom, feeling pretty for the very first time. I had washed my hair and everything. Darius had got me clothes of my size as well.

He smiled when he saw me and pointed at all the food that was in the bed for me.

He got up grabbed my hands, looking at my wrists.

"They've healed." He stated with a smile which looked turned into a frown when he looked at my face. "Why isn't this healing?" He caressed the cut over my cheek.

"That silver dagger must have cut a little too deep." I said.

"You feel any pain? Hurting somewhere?" He asked in concern and I smiled, shaking my head.

"Let's eat." I said and got on the bed. There were seven plates and all for me. Greedily, I started eating as well and I don't think the sight was quite good to see.

I almost eat like a pig.

But Darius just smiled looking at me.

"When was the last time you had something?" He asked.

"Three to four weeks ago." I answered with mouth full. He gave me a sad smile.

"Where were you in last eight months?" I asked as soon as I finished my food.

"Need more?" He asked, dodging my question. I shook my head with a smile. "You've been through a lot. You should rest sometime." He said, removing the plates and calling the room service.

"Darius, how are you even managing pay for all this?" I asked. He looked at me and winked with a smirk. I giggled. "You compelled them?"

"Every member of the hotel staff." He said as if it was the most proud thing he had ever done.

He came to the bed again, pushing me down and pulling the covers over me.

"Sleep, Cassey." He said.

Now there's something fishy going on here.

"But I just woke up like three hours ago." I said, sitting up straight.

"Yeah but there's still wolfsbane filled in your lungs. I can feel it. Rest a little so you're completely fine." He said with a smile, running his hand through my hair.

"You sure?" I asked, raising my eyebrow. He nodded. He then got up, smile still lingering on his lips.

"I'll be in my room. It's right next to yours, okay?" As he was about to leave, grabbed his hand.

"Darius." He turned. "I had some questions." I mumbled.

"Not now." He said in a dismissing tone. "Here. Drink this." He handed me water and suddenly, I felt sleepy.

________

My eyes opened to a sudden jerk I felt. I looked at the unfamiliar surroundings and realised I was in a car. The driver was unfamiliar. I was leaning on a hard chest and it was no one else than Darius.

"Darius..." I mumbled, cradling my head.

"You weren't supposed to wake up." He stated, coldly, looking out of the window.

"What? What do you mean? Where am I? How did I even get here?" I asked and he didn't reply. "That water... What did you mix in it?" He ignored me yet again and it angered me.

And maybe even hurt me.

"Stop the car." I said to the driver.

"Keep driving." He said. I looked at him, unbelievably.

"Stop. The. Car."

"Keep driving, Joe."

"Stop the car or I swear I'll jump out of it!" I screamed.

"You're doing no such thing." He deadpanned. I opened the door and jumped out of the speeding car without missing a beat, hurting my knee and elbow in process.

"Cassandra!!" He yelled and the car stopped. I didn't look back anymore and stumbled on the opposite direction. He caught up quickly and grabbed the same elbow I was hurt on and turned me around, making me wince.

"God, what is wrong with you!?" He screamed at my face.

"Me? Wrong with me? What is wrong with you, Darius!?" I yelled right back at him. "First you save me from the vampires not to mention that it was the first time I saw you in eight months. Then you spike my drink and next thing I know, I'm dumped in a car, taken away. This is kidnapping!"

"It's not kidnapping. I promised Josephine I'll take care of you after her. It's just my way of protecting you." He sighed.

"Well, I don't believe that my mom would have told you to look after me. She made sure I'll be capable of taking care of myself. I don't need you!" I was ready to storm off but realised, I don't know the way.

So this was his plan. Drug me while travelling so that I don't know where to go...

"Cass, just get in the car. We are almost there." He sighed again. I shook my head, holding back my tears.

"No... I don't think I trust you anymore." I jerked my hand off from his hold. He looked at the wound that now had worsened because of his hold.

"Shit, Cassey. I'm sorry. I d-didn't know." He mumbled, guilty.

"Cassey..." He whispered, pulling me towards him, caressing my cheek as if hoping I'll lean into his touch.

I didn't.

"Cassey, just come with me. This one time, listen to me. I'll do anything and everything you say." He whispered. I felt my throat tighten. I didn't say anything, nor did he. He slowly walked towards the car again and I followed him.

He opened the door for me and helped me get in, not that I needed. I heard him whisper a small thank you before getting to the other side of the car and getting in.

Few minutes into the uncomfortable silence and ignorance, and we were standing in front of a castle.

Castle of the Werewolf King.

"Why are we here?" I asked, frowning. I looked at Darius who seemed to be deep in his own thoughts. "Darius?" I called out, still not getting any reply from him.

He continued looking ahead.

"Why are we here, Darius?"

"I live here, Cass. This is my home."

"You're an Alpha?"