👶

****Kennedy's POV****

2 years later, Christmas 2025

Everyone always says every couple moves at their own pace, a pace that suits them. Which is what annoys me about what happens after you get married, everyone immediately turns to a baby. In probably every interview I've done since, no matter what the topic is meant to be on, the baby questions have come: when was I due if I looked even the slightest bit bloated, not wearing certain clothing as it could harm a baby, and the hardest thing was no-one knew what was happening at the time and what those questions could have triggered within me.

Teddy and I had organised a large scale party come wedding reception, two months after we got married, to celebrate with all our family and friends who didn't get to come to the actual day itself. Together we had chosen 'Your Song' as our first dance song and everyone gathered round the dance floor, watching us sway together. The official song had only just finished, moving to another slow song when I felt a little tug at my dress and found two gorgeous eyes staring up at me, belonging to Teddy's, and now my, niece.

"Up." She shouted, the little girl had only just learned to walk and was still unsteady as she clung to me for support. I could see eyes on us, his brother about to come over but Teddy swooped her up, balancing her between us both as her head dropped to his chest, her eyes drooping.

"She's so adorable." I whispered.

"Good genes." Teddy winked at me, his arm tightening around my waist.

"Do you want to test that theory?" I met his eyes, confirming I was indeed serious.

"What? Are you for real?" His eyes almost lit up like a light bulb when I said that.

"I'm meant to start my new batch of pills this week but I don't know, something feels different."

"You want a baby."

"I want your baby."

"That means you're like proper stuck to me, no getting away from me then,"

"As if I could do that anyway." I leaned up, meeting his lips for a kiss. "Baby Soares."

"Oh I can't wait for tonight."

I think everyone expects the process to be easy once the decision is made, I've seen so many of my friends fall pregnant at the first mistake or have a scare but for the first ten months of trying it felt like we couldn't try anymore and we were still getting nowhere. Then our first positive test came on the 4th of January, I'll never forget how excited we both were to see that faint second line. But nothing's ever simple and two weeks later the intense stomach pain I had was confirmed to be a miscarriage, nothing we could have done but still heart-breaking.

9 months later and we'd sadly lost two more babies, Christmas was coming and both of us were so down heartened, three months ago we decided to take a break from trying, the pressure was getting to us both and it was going to ruin our marriage if we didn't stop.

About a week before Christmas, Teddy had to go to Italy for a few nights on a modelling job and I went out to my parents country house where we would be spending Christmas that year. I must have caught a winter bug as I spent the first few days with my head constantly down the toilet, that or in bed sleeping. My mum practically had to feed me the soup as she kept me company, bringing me hot water bottles and keeping Teddy updated.