Chapter 1

(A/N): For future reference
" " dialogue
' ' thoughts

~Time Skip to when Kiara is 18~

Kiara's P.O.V.

I woke up feeling excited. I was finally leaving this dreadful place. Ever since my parents died when I was 5, I've been living in an orphanage. People have tried to adopt me, but it never worked out. I've always been a loner. I never really played or interacted with the other kids. Probably because I am different than everyone else. I'm not exactly human. I mean I look it but I'm not. I only realized that I wasn't normal when I was 10. All my senses heightened once I turned ten. I could hear, smell, and see things from miles away.

Today I was moving to a house that belonged to my parents that I inherited. It's in Forks, Washington. When my parents died basically everything they owned was repossessed since I was only 5 at the time. The things that weren't was the money (there's a lot of it) they had in their accounts, their wedding rings, and the house in Forks.

I got out of bed and began to get ready for my last day at work. Yes, I have a job. The more time I spend away from the orphanage the better. I work as a waitress.

~Time Skip After Her Shift~

I just got back from work when I heard Miss Lucy yelling my name. She's a nice lady but when she's mad be careful she has a nasty temper.

"Kiara where have you been?!?" She said sternly with a raised voice.

"I was working Miss. You know it's my last day here, right?" I asked.

"Oh yes, it is. Sorry about that. Are you done packing?" She asked after she calmed down.

"Almost ma'am. There are a few things I need to finish. So, I should be out of here by three."

"Okay dear. Please come find me when you're about to leave so I know you've left."

"I will ma'am."

I walked up to my room and got undressed from my work clothes and put on something that doesn't smell like food.

After I got ready and finished packing, I looked at the clock and saw that it was a quarter till 3. I picked up my luggage and went to find Miss Lucy. After looking for a few minutes I found her in her study working on paperwork.

"Miss Lucy I'm heading out."

"Oh, is it that time already?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Well, do you have everything?"

"Yes Miss"

"Well before you leave, I want to give you something." She said as she went over to one of filing cabinets in the corner. I walked over to her desk and sat down in one of the chairs. "As you know you inherited your family's money. The bank gave us this to give to you when you turned 18." She said as she gave me an envelope. "It's the account number and address to the house you'll be moving to."

"Thank you, I appreciate you giving this to me. Is that all? Because I really should be going if I want to catch my flight."

"Yes, that is all. I'll miss you dear. I know that's hard to believe but I will. Out of all my years working here you're the only one that never got into much trouble."

"Thank you and I'll miss you as well. You're the only one out of the staff here that I ever truly liked. I hope to see you again. Goodbye." And with that I left and caught a cab to the airport.

A/N

She lives in Chicago by the way. Hope you enjoyed this chapter.