Chapter 4

A/N: In this story Jacob phased earlier than in the original storyline. This takes place after the James incident but before the Cullens leave.

Jacob's P.O.V.

I noticed when she got into my truck that she smells different from other humans. I know it's not a leech. She smells like the woods and something else that I can't name.

"So, Kiara. What are you doing walking all the way to town? You do know that it's quite a walk?" I asked.

"Well, I just moved here, and I don't own a vehicle yet. I was planning on getting one once I got into town." She told me.

"Well what kind of vehicle you looking for?" I asked intrigued.

"Well, I'm looking for a car actually and maybe a motorcycle." She told me a little embarrassed.

'So she likes bikes. She and I are going to get along great.'

"Well let's get you to the car dealership."

"That would be great thanks."

"So, do you know what brand of car and bike you want?"

"For a car I was thinking Ford Mustang convertible and for bike a Kawasaki."

"Those are very nice brands, but they can be pricey."

"Yes, I know but my parents left me with a lot of money, so I think I'll be okay." She said trying not to sound rude.

"You said 'your parents left you with money?' Do you not live with them?"

"Um no. They died when I was younger."

"I'm sorry to hear that. I lost my mother. So I know how it feels to lose a parent."

She gave me a weak smile.

"So what color you looking for on the car and bike?"

"Well, I was thinking either a blue or black on both."

"Nice" we drove in silence the rest of the way. Once we got into town, we headed towards the car dealership. We got there and parked then we started looking around to see if we can find any mustangs she liked. Not long after we started looking one of the salesmen came and asked if we needed any help.

Kiara's P.O.V.

"You guys need any help? My name is Dominic by the way" Dominic asked.

"Yes, I was trying to see if you had any mustangs specifically a convertible if you have any."

"Actually, we do, some just came in a few weeks ago. Follow me." We followed Dominic to where the mustangs were, and I can tell you that these cars are gorgeous.

"So what color are you looking for Miss—"

"Oh right. My names Kiara, Kiara Pride. I'm new in town. And I'm looking for blue or black."

"I figured you were new, seeing as this is a small town. And your friend I imagine is from the Rez?"

"Yes sir, the names Jacob, Jacob Black" Jacob said holding his hand out for a shake. Dominic took his hand and shook it.