Chapter 15

Kiara's P.O.V.

After the meeting I had with the Cullens, Jasper told me he wanted to talk with me privately.

"Kiara, can I speak with you privately please?" Jasper asked in my ear making me shiver a little because it tickled.

"Sure." I said as I stood up from his lap.

Once he stood up, he grabbed my hand and pulled me up the stairs.

"Jasper, where are you taking me?"

"My room."

"Won't the others hear us?"

"Yes, we will so no funny business." I heard Emmett yell from the living room. I blushed. I then heard a smack. Rosalie must have hit him.

"Don't mind Emmett, he's a child." Jasper said while he shook his head.

"Hey" I heard Emmett yell indignantly. I giggled.

Once we got to his room Jasper opened his door and allowed me to walk inside first. What I saw was beautiful. Half of his room was made up of windows. The other half was mostly bookshelves that went to the ceiling. There was a desk on the far side of the room. There were two French doors leading onto a balcony. On the balcony there was a small couch, a chair and in between them was a small coffee table. There was a retractable awning so when it rains the furniture doesn't get wet. I noticed that there was no bed but a navy-blue chaise lounge instead.

'Makes sense they don't sleep.'

I walked over to the bookshelves, and I noticed there were a lot of war books, most were about the Civil War and there was a lot of war memorabilia.

"You must like reading about different wars, huh?" I stated more than asked.

"Call it a hobby. I like correcting them." He told me.

"Wait correcting?" I said as I turned towards him. When I did, I noticed he was a few feet away.

"I was in a war before I changed." He said.

I gasped "So you got killed in the war?" I asked sadly.

"Yes and no."

"What do you mean?" When I asked that he looked a little upset. Like the memories were painful.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. I won't push you." I told him.

"Thank you, darlin'. I want to tell you I do. But as you said the memories are painful. But also, I don't want to scare you away. That part of my life I'm not proud of." He said turning his head away from me.

"Jaz, look at me." He didn't.

"Jasper." I said putting my hand on his cheek and turning his head toward me. I looked at him in the eyes.

"Like I said earlier I can never be scared of you. You are my mate and my imprint. I will never run away from you. You are stuck with me. You don't have to tell me right now or at all. But if you want to, tell me when you are ready. I won't rush you. I'll always be here to listen." Once I finish my mini rant, he looked at me with such awe in his eyes. He leaned towards me and planted a kiss on my forehead then he hugged me. I melted into his arms. I put my head on his chest, and he put his head on top of mine.

"Thank you for understanding darlin. And I will tell you eventually. I promise. I don't want any secrets between us. Unless there is good reason."

"I can live with that." I said. We stayed like that for a few moments then we broke the embrace. "Jasper?" I asked I bit timidly.