Chapter 6

Kiara's P.O.V.

I woke up the next morning and remembered that the police chief was supposed to drop by and greet me and my 'parents.' Only problem is that I live alone. I hope that's not a problem. I know some people leave the house when they turn 18 but they normally live in an apartment not a full-blown house. Oh well. I got out of bed and started to get ready.

What she is wearing (Clothes and shoes only)

Once I got ready, I went downstairs and went into the living room and turned on the TV

Once I got ready, I went downstairs and went into the living room and turned on the TV. Flipping through the channels I picked one that was playing one of the Harry Potter movies. At around 10 o'clock there was a knock on the door. I turned off the TV and got up from the couch and went to the door. But before I opened it, I discretely looked through the front window to see who it was. Can never be too careful. I noticed it was the sheriff and who I assume to be his daughter. I went back to the door and opened it.

Bella's P.O.V.

When I got up this morning Charlie reminded me that we were going to the new family's house. After I got dressed and had breakfast it was 9 o'clock.

"Bells we'll be leaving in 15 minutes."

"Okay"

Once the clock hit 9:15 Charlie and I got in his police cruiser and headed to the new family's home. It took us about 45 minutes to get there. And dang was it a big house. I also took notice of the black mustang in the carport. It looked brand new. We got to the front door and Charlie knocked. A few minutes later a girl about my age opened the door.

"Hello, can I help you?" She asked.

"Good morning, my name is Charlie Swan I'm the police chief and this is my daughter Bella. I heard someone had moved into this house and I wanted to come and introduced myself and welcome you to Forks. Are your parents' home? I'd like to get their permission to have the home phone number and one if not both of their cell numbers on file for the sheriff's office. It's in case something happens to one of them or you so we can let the other/them know."

"Actually, I live here alone. Why don't you two come inside and I'll explain." The girl said.

To say I was shocked would be an understatement. This girl who's about my age is living here by herself. We took the offer and went inside, and she guided us to the living room.

"Please have a seat. Would either of you like a glass of water?" She asked as we both sat on the couch.

"No but thank you" Charlie said and I shook my head. "I'm fine thank you though."

She took a seat on one of the chairs and then began to speak.

"I'm guessing you're wondering why I said I lived here alone?" My father nodded.

"When I was five my parents had gotten into an accident and passed, and I was sent to an orphanage in Chicago. Once I turned 18, I was able to leave the orphanage. Over the years I had found out that my parents had left me this house and all the money in their accounts. So a few days ago, I packed up and moved here. I've only been here a few days."