Chapter 18

Kiara's P.O.V.

My morning classes went relatively well, besides the nosy teenagers gawking and whispering to each other about Jasper and me. I was getting annoyed. It's like they've never seen a couple before. Okay, yes, I just started yesterday and I'm already in a relationship with one of the students, but it's not really that weird, to us anyway. They might think that we're rushing into a relationship, but technically we're not, in my opinion at least. We're mates, we're destined to be together. And besides we agreed to take it slow. It's not like we're sleeping together.

While Jasper and I were walking to Dr. Banner's class I heard a group of girls whispering to each other.

"What is with the Cullen's and their interest with new girls?" I heard one girl whisper to her friends.

"I know right." I hear one of her friends say.

'Okay, if this keeps going on I'm going to go off.' I said to myself getting irritated.

"Oh, come on guys, leave them alone. You don't know what's going on between them. Jasper might just be helping her get to her classes. Besides it's none of your business what their relationship is." I heard one of the girls say with an exasperated tone. I smiled. At least I'm not the only one getting irritated with nosy and judgmental teenagers.

"Oh, come on Jay, look at them they're obviously dating. Jasper's arm is around her waist and she's leaning into him." I heard the first girl say. The girl known as 'Jay' rolled her eyes.

"Jay's right. It's none of our business." another girl said. The first two girls scoffed and rolled their eyes.

"Come on Ange, let's get to class." 'Jay' said to the other girl, and they started walking away heading towards their class.

"Jasper go on ahead, I'll meet you in class." I told Jasper as I watched the girls walk to the other end of the hall.

"Are you alright?" he asked me.

"Yeah, I just need to do something. I'll be there in a bit. Tell Dr. Banner I might be a bit late."

"Alright. I'll take your stuff, so you don't have to carry it."

"Thank you" I said then hurried off towards the two girls who defended Jasper and me.

"Hey, wait up." I said as I got closer to the girls. They turned around confused.

"Are you talking to us?" 'Jay' asked.

"Yes, I am. I just wanted to say thank you." I told them.

"Thank us? For what?" 'Ange' asked confused.

"For defending Jasper and me. I heard you and your friends whispering and I appreciate you defending us against their accusations."

"Oh, I didn't realize that we were being that loud. But you're welcome. I understand the feeling of being the new girl and being whispered about. I'm Jaylyn and this is Angela."

"Kiara. I just wanted to say thank you. You two seem different from the other students. Not as judgy, I know this is out of nowhere, but I hope we can be friends. If you want, if not that's okay." They looked at each other and nodded.

"We would love to be friends. Frankly the jealousness of our friends is getting rather annoying. So, it would be nice having a friend that isn't jealous of others and doesn't judge someone before they know the whole story." Angela said

"And don't think we're wanting to be friends with you because your close to the Cullens. We aren't, yes, they are unique, but we really don't care. They are people just like us, just more reserved." Jaylyn said