Chapter 5

Kiara's P.O.V.

When I got to the diner, I looked for an empty booth. I found one in the corner and went to sit down. A few minutes later a waitress came by and gave me a menu and told me what beverages they served.

"Hi, my name is Cora and I'll be serving you."

"Hello Ms. Cora. What drinks do you guys have?"

"Well, we have Pepsi products, tea, water, and lemonade."

"I'll take a sweet tea please." I said timidly.

"Right. While I get that, please go ahead and look over our menu to see what you would like."

"Great, thanks." And with that she left to go tend to other customers and get my drink. I looked over the menu and decided that I'll have a burger with loaded fries. Cora came back a few minutes later with my drink.

"Have you decided?" She said as she set my drink down.

"Yes, I would like to have your cheeseburger medium. With tomato, pickle, and mayo. And a side of loaded fries."

"Alright I'll send that to the back for you."

"Thank you." I said with a shy smile.

"No problem." And then she left to take my order to the kitchen

Cora's P.O.V.

After I gave the chef the order, I went to go serve my other customers. I noticed that Chief Swan just walked in and sat in his usual seat.

"Hey, chief. You getting your usual?" I asked as I walked over to him.

"You know me, Cora." He told me.

"Let me go give your order to Lenny. Also is Bella joining, you might as well get her order in too."

"She should be here shortly. Just get her a cob salad."

"Sure thing." I went back to give his order to Lenny and then came back to give him his usual sweet tea. As I was walking back to him, I remembered the girl who ordered a burger. She was a new face. Might as well ask Charlie to see if he knows anything about it.

"Here you go Charlie also brought a water for Bella. Hey, did you hear about someone moving into town?"

"Um I think I remember hearing something about it. I think someone was moving into the Pride's place. Why do you ask?" He asked me.

"Well, there's a girl on the other side of the restaurant that I've never seen before. She looks to be about Bella's age maybe a year older."

"She and her family must've moved into the house then. Did you catch her name by any chance?"

"Nope. She's polite but she seemed shy, like guarded. Kinda like Bella. But a little more." I told him.

"I'll go to her house tomorrow and welcome the family. She might just be that way since she's new in town."

"Yeah maybe."

"Hey Charlie." I heard someone say from behind me.

"Oh, hey Bells."

"Good to see you, Bella." I greeted.

"Uh yeah you too." She said shyly.

'As shy as always.'

"I better go check up on yours and others food." I said as I left to the kitchen. Once I got into the kitchen, I noticed that the girl's food was ready. So I grabbed the plate and headed over to her table and set it in front of her.

"Here's your food. Is there anything else you would like?"

"Um could I have some ranch please?" She asked.

"Sure can. I'll be right back." I said. As I went to the back to get the ranch, I also noticed Charlie's and Bella's food was ready. So I grabbed a tray put the plates on it and continued to go give the girl her ranch.

"Here you go" I said placing the ranch on the table.

"Thank you." she said with a small smile.

"You're welcome" I said as I went to drop off the food in my hand.

"Here you go guys, enjoy." I said as I placed their food down.

Charlie's P.O.V.

When Cora placed our food down, we began to eat. Bella and I barely spoke to each other throughout dinner. Once we were done, I paid and then we left. Once we got home Bella started walking toward her room.

"Hey Bells."

"Yeah?"

"I'm going to go welcome a new family into town that just moved in. I would like for you to come with me to greet them tomorrow."

"Okay. But why?"

"They have a daughter your age. I think it would be nice for her to know someone in town. Who knows she might start going to school with you."

"Oh alright. I'm headed to bed night."

"Good night" and with that I also headed to bed.

Kiara's P.O.V.

When I was at the diner, I heard what Cora and the man who is apparently the police chief were talking about. When I heard that he was coming to meet me and my 'family' I froze. Great, that's just great. Well, I better get the house presentable for when he comes. I finished eating and paid Cora leaving a tip. Then headed outside to my car and headed home. Once I got home, I began getting the house presentable for guests. Meaning no boxes everywhere and dusted. Once I got done, I was exhausted so I went to go take a shower and then head to bed. After I took a shower, I went to my closet to get a pair of PJs and then got into bed.

Her PJs:

Once I got into bed I began to think about the day

Once I got into bed I began to think about the day. When I met Jacob, his scent was odd. It wasn't human. He smelt like forest, wet wolf/dog, and grease. The grease and forest smell makes sense. Seeing that he lives in an area surrounded by trees, and he works on cars. The wet dog/wolf smell is weird. Before I could think more on it, I fell asleep.