Chapter 2 The house

Once Noa arrives she is sitting on the ground in front of a house surrounded by a large bamboo forest with a few trees here and there.

But before she can stand up she is pushed down and is being licked on her face. As she pushes away the creature who licking her she sees that it is her dog, Gaia. But she is slightly larger than before and something feels slightly different about her. But she can't put her finger on it. But she is in no mood to think deeper about it now as she is overwhelmed by happiness. Although it was her wish to bring her with her she is still overwhelmed with emotions and hugs her. Gaia gently lick her left ear as she rests her head on her shoulder. It is like they haven't seen each other for years. But eventually, they calm down and walks towards the house's front door. On the door is a note, she takes it and reads it. 

Noa since you are pregnant I will give you this house as a safe zone. Once you are inside you are safe from all the magical beasts below grade 5. Creatures above that won't attack you unless you are in its territory, threaten them, or take something from them. I also gave this house a mini library where all the comment knowledge about this place is as well as some more. This is because if I would transfer all the information to your brain it would be too much for you to handle and your brain would explode. Ps. while your bodies are the same you are modified to fit the criteria of this world so that you both can cultivate. Your dog is an ice elemental while you have lightning, metal, and air. I also gave you and your dog a boost in order for you to cultivate faster for a year.

Noa then enters the house to look around. The house has two floors. On the bottom floor are the kitchen, living room, pantry, and toilet. On the second floor is three bedrooms. Then you have the house extension where the library is as well as study. Some stairs lead to the cellar. The interior of the house is a mix of traditional Japanese and Chinese designs. And while electricity does not exist it is clear that there is something that functions like it. There is also something like a tap and shower and the toilet that be flushed. It makes her wonder whether this is something that exists in this world or is just added for her convenience. Then she checked the pantry and cellar more closely. Safe calculated that she has 2 months' worth of food if and that she has all the equipment to cook, hunt, farm and build and fix things. This means that she has 2 weeks to study and another 3 weeks to train so that she can go hunt and hopefully it will be enough time to do the so-called cultivating. Of course, even if she is too weak to go she has to go to collect food. So to be safe she will stay near the house so that she can run into the safe zone if she is attacked.

She also knows that she has to be self-sufficient as soon as possible as she can't go out into the forest to get food because she's pregnant. So once she is out she needs to get as much food as possible and also preserve it for longer use. So now the first thing she does is to read the books about this forest and cultivation. The first book is about the forest. 

As it turns out this forest is divided into 4 zones. The outer layer, Semi layer, middle layer, and inner layer. The outer layer is where most of the low-grade magical beasts are. Grade 1 to 2 are the most common there. This is also where the density of qi is the lowest and the deeper into the forest the denser the qi is. Next is the Semi layer where the qi is slightly denser and where the 3-4 ranked beasts usually are. While this place doesn't have the densest concentration of qi it is the best place for the earth and metal cultivators to cultivate as there are a lot of rare rocks and metals there. As apparently while the qi of all the elements is everywhere there is a higher concentration of qi from different elements in different locations. For example, if you are a water elemental the water qi is denser around water sources the same goes with the others with the exception of air that is everywhere, and lightning which places where there is denser lightning qi is random and can change overnight. But if there is bad weather such as a storm then lightning qi is prominent.