Chapter 7

Noa:" Then can you tell me about the basics that everyone knows."

Xyll:" Sure, let's start with the egg-laying farm animals first, tell me if there is an animal you don't know."

Noa:" Alright."

Xyll:" The egg-laying farm animals we have are chickens, ducks, Luqiua, and peacocks.

Noa: " What is a Luqiua?"

Xyll: " It is a group of domestic lizards about as big as a middle-sized dog. They are bulky with a round heads. They also don't have a tail." 

Xyll: " Now moving on to meat animals which also includes the birds above there are pigs, boars, cows, domestic deer, sheep, and tapirs." 

Xyll: " Next we have dairy animals. They are cows, goats, sheep, and llamas.

Xyll:" Then we have textile animals which are, sheep, llamas, silkworms, silk moths, domestic spiders, and giant rabbits.

Xyll: " Then we have working animals which are horses, donkeys, cows, cats, dogs, and domestic bears."

Xyll:" Well these are the normal animals for normal pheasant farmers. There are some who use magical beasts but they are only for strong cultivators or rich people who can afford to employ them." Normally you don't have them as farm animals but as contract beasts or pets. But it is popular to eat magical beasts as many cultivators hunt them for either their magic cores or their hide. So they sell their meat as it sells for good money."

Noa:" That makes sense, but it also hit me a second time that this is another world. Although I recognize most of these many of them is something we have back home but what sounds in a different form is some are animals we have but they are wild and not used."

Xyll:" Huh, well that's just culture shock suppose."

Noa: " I think universal shock is more accurate in my case." 

Xyll: " still means the same thing."

Xyll: " Now let's change the topic, how long have you been pregnant?"

Noa:" Soon 6 weeks."

Xyll: " So our babies are going to be about 4 months apart." 

Noa: " It there are no implications." 

Xyll:" You should hurry to cultivate more I heard that humans should avoid cultivation in the last 3 months of pregnancy or else the baby might start to absorb the qi and it might overwhelm them. You are after all weaker them everyone around your age and being strong in this world is the only way to protect yourself and the twins." 

Noa:" I know but thanks for the reminder."

Xyll: " Good, and hurry up and put your blood on the crystal. Also, I am going to sleep as I am still weak, and putting up the barrier drained the last of my energy. I did it now because it would be safer for both of us. After all my core is very creative for magical beasts. So I will probably be sleeping until I lay my egg."

Noa:" Alright, just use the same place you slept in before."

Xyll:" Sure." She says and hurries to go to sleep.

Noa then takes a bit more time reading then after that she preps dinner for her and Gaia. She cooks some rice and peppers in a simple stew. The stew is water-based and she added some aromatics such as garlic, ginger, dry figs, and some arrowroot. Then she added some fish cut into big cubes and let cook for about 2 hours. Then, at last, she added potato starch and the rice and let it cook in the stew until it thickens, it almost looks like a porridge. While she was cooking she put aside some rice and a little fish that she seemed then she added a raw egg and gave it to Gaia. After they ate Noa took Gaia out for a walk now that there is a safe barrier outside the house. As they could not see the barrier but with the amulet, Noa could sense where its borders are. In fact, Xyll has made it a lot bigger than she expected, it is big enough to build about 10 big mansions standing 1 meter away from each other. And it is a very big kind that almost looks like a castle. So There is a lot of space to play with Gaia. After she has played for a while she walked around and tried to map out where she should build all the things she wanted in the future and made mental notes. After that, she went inside and started to cultivate.

The days passed by until woke up hearing Xyll screaming, it was time for her to lay her egg. Noa hurriedly walked towards where Xyll was sleeping after she brought a towel with a bucket of water. Although this is not a live birth she still might be able to help with her knowledge of dealing with live birth. Once she was there she saw that Xyll has returned to her real form and had made a huge mess in the room. With a lot of broken furniture and decorations all over the room, especially the bed which is no longer recognizable. Noa started to help and after about 1 hour the egg is finally out. It is as big as a large pumpkin and it is oval-shaped with a flat bottom.  Its color is light blue with tiny white spots making it look like tiny stars in daylight. She looks over at Xyll and sees that she is asleep because of exhaustion so she puts the egg in the towel and puts it near Xyll so that she sees it when she wakes up. After that, she starts to clean up the room to the best of her capability with a big dragon in her room.