Chapter 5 Bonding with a dragon

The next day after Noa has made breakfast the dragon lady wakes up because of the smell of the food.  So she slowly walks into the kitchen and stares at her.

Noa:" So you are awake, why are you just standing there?"

The dragon: " I can't believe that you actually kept your promise.

Noa:" With the way you are starring it think that it is more than that."

The dragon: " You what are you?"

Noa:"... Dont you already know that I am a human?"

The dragon:" I didn't notice before because I was too weak but I can't see your aura."

Noa: " What are you talking about?"

The Dragon: " Oh, it is a special ability of the dragon race to see the aura of every living being, and evry race has a distinct imprint on the form and thickness of the aura. While color variations depend on 3 factors which are inherited, personality, and which element you can use. But you have nothing like an undead but you are clearly alive."

Noa: " ... Would you believe me if I am from a different world and was sent here by god after granting me some wishes?"

The dragon:"... I will accept that explanation for now." 

Noa: " ... Anything else?"

The dragon: " What is the food you have cooked?"

Noa: " Herbal soup with bread, I have made some for you, although I don't know how much a dragon eats so it may not enough."

The dragon:" Dont mind if I do." She says as the dragon takes the whole pot and slurps the soup down like water.

Noa: " Next time get a bowl to put the soup in before you eat."

The Dragon: " Oh, right, I forgot that I drank from a human pot and not from a normal bowl from your race."

Noa:" ?" 

Noa:" So, what is your name?"

The dragon: " You, why would you need to know that?" She says skeptically.

Noa: " We are friends now, dont tell me you dont want your friend to know your name?"

The dragon: " ... Well I did make that promise... my name is Xyllphil, Xyll for short."
Noa: " My name is Noa." 

Xyll:" You have a weird name, you being from a different world is a little more believable now."

Noa:"... You should be glad that you did not just offend me."

Xyll: "Pft, it is not like you could do anything about it anyway."

Noa:"..."

Noa: " So why isn't the father of your child not guarding you in this critical state?"

Xyll:"... That bastard went away to cultivate 3 days after he knew I was pregnant even though he was over the moon about it he still left. Like oh, I need to get stronger now so that I can protect my family, dont worry Xyll, I will be back before your weak period. But where is he now huh, still in closed-door cultivation!"

Noa:"... Getting angry at someone who isn't here is useless, still, you must trust him a lot for not thinking that he has just run off."

Xyll: "... No... maybe he has? , that dam man has always been popular with the ladies. What if his aloof and distant personality towards the opposite sex was all a lie and he played me for a fool all these 200 years?! What if he threw me away after knowing I was pregnant but acted like he was excited about it?!"

Noa:"... Calm down, you might be overthinking this, what is something that happened to him or he forgot the time?" 

Xyll:" That better be the case, but I still won't forgive him that easily. If you were not there he would no longer have a wife or a child to return to.

Noa:" When is it time for you to lay your egg?"

Xyll: "Tomorrow or the day after that."

Xyll:" Now that I think about it, I can tell that you are pregnant too with twins no less."

Noa:" Yes, they are my little treasures."

Xyll:" So where is their father?"

Noa:" There is none."

Xyll:" I am sorry... I did not think that he was dead..."

Noa:" That's not it."

Xyll slams the table and screams: " So that dam bastard abandoned you now did he!?

Noa:" What no, no, no, I told you about the few wishes that god gave me, this was one of them."

Xyll: " So you are saying that they were created by magic?"

Nao: "Yes."

Xyll: "Good for you, who needs a man? They are so unreliable when you need them they have gone off somewhere." She complains.

Nao: "... Well I would not know, I have never dated someone, man or woman."

Xyll: " Then let me tell you, you should be careful in the future a woman with children who dont have a man in her life will attract a lot of scumbags. I have seen it with my cousin's best friend when her husband died all the men that were attracted to her only wanted her for her body. There was one guy who she thought was very loyal to her but ditched her after one night together."

Noa: " (Giggle) you are very caring to someone who you did not have a good opinion of a day ago."

Xyll blushes and says: " Well, you did prove yourself and I did promise to be your friend. And i am someone who follows the saying an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. I am very clear about who is a friend and who isn't."

Noa: " If only I thought things were that simple."

Noa: " Oh, and are you feeling better?"

Xyll: " I am much better now, I may be weaker now and my wing is broken but unless I have to fight aging I will be fine in about a week. Thank you for that, how may I repay you."

Noa: " Something like that is not needed between friends."

Xyll: " No this is about my pride, I must always repay a favor."

Noa thinks for a while and answers: " Well I have read that dragons are normally very good at putting upwards, can you do that around the house that is large enough to have a simple farm and a garden?"

Xyll: " Of course, wards are my specialty, I can even put it up today. Besides, there is this ancient grandmaster ward I have wanted to test out for a while now."

Noa:" Thank you."

Xyll: " No problem, besides we are both going to be future mothers, and as a fellow mother I would want to help another one in need. This would help your twins to play outside without any fear." 

Noa: " That doesn't change the fact I am thankful."

Xyll: " Alright, alright no formalities besides I have decided that my child and your children are going to grow up as childhood friends."

Noa :" ... When did you decide that?"

Xyll:" About 5 min ago."

Noa: "..."

Xyll:" Well then, I will go out to put up the ward now, bye." She says and storms out.