Chapter 26 Apothecary

The first thing Noa did was to take a blood sample to test out what kind of potion he had. But right after that she put it aside and started to clean and dress his wound. Once that was done she gave him 2 pills that she had learned to make from the alchemy books in the library. One is a blood-gathering pill that helps with blood loss. The next one is the body strengthening pill which will help his body to recover faster. Although the process is very painful. But this man is in a so bad condition that he can not even feel it as he is in a deep sleep. She then took the blood sample and made some blood tests. Although she has read that alchemists can tell what potion it is by just smelling and using a technique called spiritual sense she has not learned how to do that yet as there are no instructions in any of her books so she just uses the techniques she knows by using a simple mixture of herbs and blend it together with the blood. Then depending on the color, thickness, smell, and impurities she can discover what it is. 

So she grinds 6 different herbs into a paste and gently warms it up to activate the medical properties in the herbs. Then she drips the blood in and mixes it. Then the brown-green paste turns gray and becomes as thick as molten iron. The smell it generated is very potent and very much smells like rotten meat with a mix of lavender. This position has no impurities or else she would see clumps inside the mixture. She immediately knows what kind of potion it is, not becuse she has seen it before but becuse she has read about it. Although this is a technique from her own world and this potion doesn't exist there she can tell by experience and what she has read about it what is it exactly. This poison is called withering dusk. It is called that way becuse the plant that it comes from must be collected and applied to the weapon during dusk. If you do it during the day then there won't be any poison and if you do it during the night the plant emits the poison toxic fumes that will kill anyone near it. That is why the plant is named Midnight Perfume. The reason why withering is applied to the name is becuse the poison causes the body to slowly wither away after the first 3 days. During those 3 days, they will feel like they are being torn apart and eaten up by ants. This will disappear when 3 days have come but by then it is too late as their body parts will slowly rot like a withering flower and will lose body parts one by one until they reach one of their important organs and then they will die. So it is important that he gets treated before 3 days has come. She doesn't know how long he has been poisoned but she can tell that it has not been 3 days yet.

Although she doesn't know the cure she has read a lot about the plant and has a good understanding of it with the poison solution she just made and can determine the characteristics of the poison and then knows how to at least combat the poison if she cant cure it. Then he will have at least 4 months or more to find a cure. As she is on a time limit she begins right away. This time she prepares 7 different herbal powders then she systematically drops a pinch of evry powder into the poison solution after they have separated it into 7 badges with all of them getting a different powder solution. On the first and second badges, nothing changed as well as the 5 and 7. The third badge becomes pure liquid and becomes translucent like water. The 4 badges turned bright red and small clumps formed in them. The last one evaporated into the air. Seeing the result Noa knows exactly which plants that be used and she has all of them already ready so she does have to go into the forest.

All she needs is ice clower, snapping ocelot wine, lump mushroom, forget me lady, Harvex, and googelon barriers. She first starts by grinding the ice clower , Forget Me Lady, and Harvex plant into a paste separately. Then she hacks the lump mushroom into tiny pieces and makes an extract out of it by gently boiling it. Then she put it aside to let it cool. Next, she pressed the googelon barriers into juice. Now she mixes all the herbal pastes together in a specific order and uses different amounts of each paste. 30 % Harvex, 60% Forget Me Lady and the rest is Ice Clower. Then she gently pours the googelon Barry juice into the paste mixture, now the mixture is lightly orange in color and with the consistency of wet mud. Then she mixes in 12 drops of the lump mushroom extract. Lastly, she uses a knife and makes a hole in the snapping ocelot wine and lets the white liquid pour out into the medicine mixture. Now the medicine is finally done, green in color and the consistency like slightly whipped cream. She puts the medicine into a vile and then it is ready.

She then walks towards the man with the vile in hand and tries to wake him up but all she gets is him moaning like a hurt wolf.  Seeing that he can't drink it by himself she decides to feed him mouth to mouth so he raises his head up and drinks the medicine herself and uses her mouth to pour the medicine into his system with success. Now she only needs to monitor him to see if the medication works. But just as she was about to leave the man opan his eyes and grabbed her wrist. He looks at her with suspicion and anger. His eyes are so cold that they would even make the devil afraid. If he wasn't hurt and had a limiter on him she didn't doubt that her wrist would already broken by this man. But while it looks like he is out to kill her Noa is completely calm. 

The man: " What are you doing?" He asks Horseley and with a demanding tone, it is clear that he thinks that she is someone who wants to hurt him. He is like a wounded beast defending himself with all his might.