009 | Hmmm

n o  o n e

Jungkook got down from his motorbike. He was going to visit his girlfriend as he was going to say something. It was related to work and as much as Jungkook wants to spend more time with Jisoo, his boss just had to send him to every mission.

He rang the doorbell, anticipating the beautiful face of his girlfriend. However, to his dismay, Chaeyoung opened the door. Not that she's ugly but he preferred Jisoo's face more.

"Oh hi, where's Jisoo?"

"Good day to you too. Too bad, she's not here." Jungkook frowned. "She was with a friend. I think she's in a café near her workplace."

Chaeyoung smiled at him. "Wanna go in or?"

"Nah, I'm just gonna go to her. Thanks." He said and waved goodbye.

"And... goodbye to you too." Chaeyoung shook her head and closed the door.

Jungkook's mind was wandering. A friend? Is it a workplace friend? A long lost friend? A college friend? Who? He facepalmed. He should have asked Chaeyoung who that friend was.

He got on his motorbike, decided to visit Jisoo no matter what. It's just that... It's like every second, his peace of mind was slowly ripping apart.

He hopes it's not a college friend.

| > ~ > • <  ~ < |

He was already there, watching the two. His Jisoo was still lovely as ever. She was smiling from ear to ear. She seems to enjoy her time with that friend. Speaking of friend, it's a guy, a young one at that. Maybe, a junior from her workplace? That's not possible. Jungkook monitors all who are employed to the library. Just who is this guy?

Jungkook was about to go in when a man leaving the café stopped him. He stopped in his tracks so did the man. Both were bewildered but immediately maintain their composure. The man looked around and went in the shadows. Jungkook smirked.

"Scared?" Jungkook taunted as he walked in the shadows too.

The man blankly stared at him. "Only avoiding unnecessary attention."

Jungkook crossed his arms. "I didn't know you're still alive, Lee. Neo Power is dead."

The man named Lee glared at him. "You may have almost killed us but we will never be dead, Jeon."

Jungkook smirk grew wider. His eyes glinting with malice as Lee glared more. "Lee Taeyong, stop. Your company and group was already shut down. No need to haunt."

"If it weren't for A-Reum and that traitor, you're already dead, Jeon Jungkook." This is the time when Taeyong smirk because he knows he hit the bullseye.

Jungkook will never forget the moment when he was a liability to his group. Two members died because of his incompetence and Lee Taeyong knows that. Jungkook glared and grabbed Taeyong's neck.

"Shut it, Lee. It maybe so but you're already on the ground, beneath us. So shut it." Jungkook's grip tighten but this did not swayed Taeyong.

Taeyong remained calm and smirked. "Jeon, as long as we're here, we're never going to bow to Bangtan. Remember that."

Jungkook's anger grew and gripped his neck more. He could kill this guy now. V and his goons could clean this later. However, it's too easy. Why is he not fighting back?

"Looks like you want to kill me but... I know you won't." Taeyong taunted, smirking.

Jungkook glared. "I can kill you, Lee."

"I know but not when she is watching." Taeyong grinned. He knows already what makes Jungkook tick. "You wouldn't want her to see you bloody right?"

Jungkook gripped his neck tighter and threw him on thr ground. A subtle grunt came from Taeyong but that didn't stop him from grinning.

"Better guard her or else, she will be stolen." Taeyong stood up, brushing his clothes. He saluted on Jungkook who was conflicted at the moment. "Adios." Teayong left the angry and agitated Jungkook.

Jungkook brushed his hands off but punched a wall. Luckily, no one was around to witness Jungkook's crisis. His mind was conflicted, his heart was aching and his hands was hurting.

He is not a liability.

Nor his beloved Jisoo.

...Right?

| > ~ > • <  ~ < |

Chaeyoung has done some stationery shopping for the kids she teaches. They will need a custom notebook for their music subject. She paid for it and let the employees deliver it to the school.

Now, she's hungry. Street food will do.

As she was finding some stall to buy food, she bumped into a person. "Omg, I'm so sorry!" She exclaimed as she bowed.

"No worries-- Rosé?"

Chaeyoung stopped. Please let it be not who she think it was... Nope, it was. As she straightened up, she saw her first love, Jaehyun.

"Hey, uhm, hi, Jae--I mean--" Chaeyoung blabbered. Alright, calm down girl but she can't help it. It was like she was a college girl once again. Out of all the places to meet, they meet here and now.

Jaehyun smiled softly at her cute antics. She ws still the cute Chaeyoung he knows and always love. He chuckled a bit and this made her blushed a little. "Yep, hello. How are you?"

Chaeyoung couldn't get enough of his charming voice. However, that's not the time for that! "Oh, good. What about you?"

"I'm also good." Jaehyun said, stopping himself to hug her right at that moment. "So long, huh?"

"Yeah, uh, it's been a long time. Uhm, so--" Chaeyoung scratched her head. Is it alright to eat together? They had a closure but she wanted to open it again. Is it possible? Does he want that? Chaeyoung may be conflicted but one thing is for sure, she's ready to give her heart to him. Again.

Jaehyun watched Chaeyoung fondly. She's thinking. Cutely at that. However, is it okay to spend some time with her? Is it okay to talk to her? Is it okay to begin again with her? But wait, what about Tae-- No. This time, he wouldn't let this chance go. So he decided.

"Wanna catch up?" Jaehyun smiled at her and Cheayoung couldn't help but smiled too.

Jaehyun offered his hand and Chaeyoung gladly take it.  They decided to eat while catching up. And who knows?

May love blooms once again.

| > ~ > • <  ~ < |

Published on February 8, 2022

I'm currently fighting my lazy self so sorry for the short update. 😅

So self, write and write! Freaking write moreeee

Anywayyy

The plot is all coming together and I hope I finish this for the satisfaction of all. ^^

Have a lovely day, people! ^^