005 My Protector

"Uh, what are you doing?!" I looked at  Ty, he was walking backwards with his bow and arrow up, like he was ready to shoot someone.

"Someone might attack. I heard some people were already talking about you and rumors spread fast around here, so anyone might attack and I have to be ready just in case something does happen." He explained.

"Well, you can put that bow down. We're almost in the city." I laughed.

We arrived at my house. No one was there, but this time, I had a hair clip to unlock the door with, and to my surprise, it worked.

"Don't you have a key or something? You do live here, right?" Ty said as we walked inside and I closed the door behind us and grabbed the extra key from the key holder.

'I lost it yesterday..." I said and set my stuff on the kitchen counter and walked upstairs to my room.

***

I just changed outfits and walked back downstairs. Ty was in the kitchen, waiting for me and we walked outside and locked the door behind me.

"So where are we going?" Ty asked.

"To the park. I'm meeting my friend there for a concert."

"Ohh, who's playing?"

"Fang DelGray." I said.

"Oh yeah, that's right. He said he couldn't make it to the clan meeting today because he was playing there."

I stopped dead in my tracks.

"Wait... You weren't joking when you said that Fang is a clan leader?!" I got excited.

"What do you think Fang means?"

Ty asked.

"I dunno, I thought it was like a stage name or something, like the band, Canine." I answered.

"Canine is a wolf pack in the Sunfield forest" he said.

"Wait, are you serious?!"

"Yep."

"Hm, that's cool."

***

"Hey, Holly!" 

"Hi Ter!"

"You didn't answer my call this morning, everything okay?"

"Yep, everything's, um good..."

I lied.

"Hey, I have your muffin, sorry it took so long, the lady at that place was very rude and very slow, but here you go." Ty arrived and handed me a chocolate muffin he offered to get me.

He turned around and almost reached for his bow when he saw there was someone sitting next to me.

"Aah, I understand why you didn't answer my calls this morning," Holly  joked.

"Oh, no, he's not my boyfriend, he's just a friend" I tried to explain it to her.

"Yeah, and I'm friends with Fang DelGray." She laughed.

"Well you aren't but I am," Ty said quietly. And that made me laugh.

"Speaking of him, we should already go, it's about to start." I said.

"So if you aren't Aster's Boyfriend, who are you then, and why hasn't Aster mentioned you before?" Holly asked, looking at Ty as we walked through the park.

"My name is Ty, I'm Aster's protecto-" He started but realized what he had just said and corrected himself.

"I mean I met her yesterday. We were just friends." He laughed awkwardly and I looked at him and whispered to him.

"What do you mean, Protector?"

"Well, you are the Princess, and as a clan leader, my job is to protect the citizens of the Misty Jungle Forest." He winked at me.

***

"Hey, Aster, I'm gonna go talk to Fang, real quick, before this starts, I'll be right back."

Ty said and disappeared in the crowd of screaming teenage girls.

"Did he just say that he was going to talk to Fang? As in Fang DelGray?!" Holly said.

"Umm...I-"

"Why didn't you tell me he knew Fang personally!? Can you please ask him to get us backstage?!" Holly almost started jumping up and down.

Ty came back after a couple minutes.

"Hey, I'm back." He stood next to me and I whispered to him.

"Holly overhead you saying that you knew Fang and she wanted you to get us backstage...? Could you do that...?"

"Yeah, sure, he wants to meet you anyway." He smiled.

***

When Fang walked off the stage and everyone started leaving, Ty led us backstage, where Fang was sitting.

"Hey Fang!" Ty said.

"Yo dusty!" He answered and put his water bottle down.

"Dusty?" Holly whispered to me.

"Don't worry about it."

"Ahh, Hello there!" Fang said and Holly looked like she was about to pass out.

"And you must be Princess Aster." Fang said.

"Princess?" Holly looked at me.

"I dunno?" I lied.

"Is she from the Misty forest?" Fang whispered to me and Ty

"Um, no, she's just a human." We both answered.

"Oh, shi- sorry," he said.

After Fang signed some of Holly's merchandise, I told her that I had something to do, so I can't hang out anymore today.

She understood and left.

"So... Princess Aster..." Ty turned to me as we walked over the park bridge.

"Since Bite might know that you know about who you are... It would make sense if you stayed in the forest, it's safer there..." He explained.

"I understand..." I said.

"That means we have to make a quick stop, so I

could. go and get all of my stuff." He nodded

***

I packed most of my stuff and we headed back to the forest.

Ty offered to carry one of my bags.

As we walked in the forest and everywhere I looked, people were looking at me and the next moment, white lights were flashing in my face and a group of people with cameras and microphones were surrounding me and Ty.

"Princess Aster, is it true that Bite almost captured you last night"? One person said.

"Princess Aster, over here!" Another voice said.

I couldn't really hear what they were yelling and I didn't even listen.

"Princess aster, is it true that you didn't know anything about the forests before yesterday!?"

Another reporter showed a microphone in my face.

"Princess Aster, is it true that you really like chocolate muffins!?" Was all I heard before Ty old them to back off and they all listened to him.

We stepped into the elevator and the doors closed. I sighed.

"Wow, you weren't kidding when you said I was a big deal around here". I laughed.

"You'll get used to it after some time."

"I doubt that."

"Well, if you want, I can tell them to never bother you again. After all, it is my job, since I am your protector." He winked at me, which made me roll my eyes.

"Can you stop saying that. " I laughed.