015 Lies And Denies

I was getting ready for school when i got a text message from Holly

Holly:
"Hey, i hope you're gonna be at school today because i have something that i need your help with..."

I texted her back

"Yeah, i'm about to be on my way. I'll see you by my locker."

I took my bag and walked out of the room.

Diane offered to drive me to school, and i accepted, so i got in her car.
It was always nice talking to her.
She used to be an actress, but now she works as an interior designer.

Ty and Peach always take a bus to school because their school is on the other side of the city and she doesn't have time to do that.

"So what's going on with you and Tyler?" She asked

"What? Nothing, we're just friends." I shot

"Aster, i have two kids, i know when someone's lying."

"I- I'm not sure i understand what you mean because i am not lying," I responded.

"You would have to be blind to not notice the way he looks at you, and i know that look because i was given the same look years ago." Diane stopped in front of the school.

"He cares about you a lot, and it's obvious that he's crazy about you, so don't deny it, and lying won't help you in this case.
you don't need to know a person for long to instantly have a connection with them.
He gives you the look all the time. You just never notice it." She said to me as i got out of the car.

"I'll see you at dinner." she said bye and drove off.

"Yeah, right..."

I walked into the school.

"Aster! Finally, you're here!" Holly was already waiting for me by my locker.

"What's up!"

"Oh, nothing big. I was just showing the new girl around the school." She replied.

"Oh, a new classmate? Cool." I opened my locker.

"Yeah, and good timing actually, she's coming this way."

"Hey Hol!" A familiar voice said. Behind me, and i turned around.

"Oh no..." I whispered in disbelief.

Gem...

"What are you doing here." I tried to stay calm.

"Oh, you know, just thought it would be fun going to the same school as you, princess." She whispered the last word that only i could hear it.

"Oh, great! You two know each other! That's awesome!" Holly exclaimed

"No! Not awesome at all! She stole my boyfriend!" Gem lied

"What!?" I was in shock

"You did?" Holly turned her head to me

"He was never your boyfriend! And i didn't steal him! He said that he never actually liked you!" I defend myself.

"What are you really doing here, Gem?!"

"Just keeping a close eye on you for you know who." She said.

"Yeah, well, you can tell him that if he doesn't give up, i'll -"

"You will do what exactly? Use your powers against him? Do you even know what they are and how they work." Gem interrupted me