017: Not Quite Sure What It Is Yet

Ty's POV

"So how did you know it was the crown of the lights?" I asked Aster as we were going home.

"I don't know, i just.. Knew? I don't know how, but i just did." She responded, and our conversation was finished.
It's like she wanted to say something but couldn't think of anything to say.
I wish i could read her mind right now, to know why she isn't saying anything, but i couldn't.. But i didn't need to read her mind to know what she was thinking. I already knew.

Aster's POV

It was late in the evening. I was just remembering everything that has happened today.

I tried to get my mind off of the whole robbery and the fact that someone has The Crown of the lights and that we are in danger... But the only thing i could think about other than that was the one thing that made even less sense.

"Yeah, right, I don't like him like that." I spoke quietly to myself

"He doesn't even like me like that, so if I did like him like that, it wouldn't even matter!"

Suddenly, i remembered the fortune teller's words..

"You think that no one would ever love you? You're thinking that who would ever actually love you?"

"Well, of course, i feel like no one would ever actually love me. My whole life has been a lie!"

"He wouldn't... He doesn't..."

"I barely even know him! But apparently, I'm being told that love at first sight is a thing and that you don't need to know the person for long to have a connection with them. Yeah, we may have that but...I just can't stop thinking about..
No, no. It's his job to protect the princess-I mean me...
He wants nothing more to do with me, so i could never like him like that.. " I was now having a full-on conversation with myself.

"Aster it is one AM, stop talking to yourself like you're crazy and go to sleep!" I said as quietly as I could so no one else, other than me, could hear it. "

***

"Hey, wake up!" I felt a pencil poke my face lightly.
I rubbed my eyes, realizing what had happened as the bell rang, notifying that the class was over.

"Aster, what's up with you? You never fall asleep in class!"
Holly put her bag over her shoulder as we entered the hall, packed with students.

"Oh, i was just too busy last night thinking about..Never mind, i'm fine, i just went to sleep late last night, that's all."

"Aster, you were drooling on your notebook. What were you dreaming about so intensively?" She laughed

" Definitely not Ty. " I whispered sarcastically to myself as I checked my phone for new notifications.

I had a message from Peach.

Peach:
"Just wanted to let you know that so far, we have no news of the stolen crown. Also, what's up with my brother? He's acting weird."

Aster:
"That sucks... I have no idea what's with him, he was like that yesterday so I'm wondering the same thing."

***

Rose and I were in her backyard, trying to see if i was right about my powers.

"Try to empty your mind and focus on the ball as much as you can."

I did exactly what she said, but it was hard to focus, but i managed to turn off my thoughts for a few moments, and after almost giving up, I made the ball move.