【 49 】

*3rd Person*

Two days. It had only been two days since Bruce got shot. Two days since Hawkmoth took Adrien with him. Only one day since Marinette had to go back to Paris with her class.

Bruce of course was alive and already wanted to leave the hospital bed. He had his own private room that was much more nice than the other hospital rooms.

Jason distanced himself. He couldn't look at Bruce. He never really hated Bruce, even though he acts at times like he hates him, he can't really hate him. Jason does actually hate the Joker though, and to think he had been manipulated to think Bruce was the Joker and almost killed him. The relief that he had felt when he had pulled the trigger was soon gone when the toxin had left the Wayne Manor ballroom. His heart sank when he realized it was Bruce.

It wasn't until Damian had found Jason at one of his warehouses cleaning his gear and forcefully dragged Jason to see Bruce at the hospital. Damian wasn't as nice as he had been when Marinette was around and was still angry with his mother for being involved with the mess that happened.

"Jason?" Bruce asked, looking up from his laptop sitting at the small table used for food in the hospital bed.

"Hi," Jason said nervously.

"You're here?" Bruce asked.

"Your brat brought me here," Jason said.

"Yes, I see that. I asked him to bring you here. I wanted to see how you were doing?" Bruce asked.

"How am I doing? Bruce, I just shot you two days ago thinking you were the Joker!" Jason said out loud but trying not to shout.

Even though Bruce had a private room Jason didn't want to let people know it was him that shot Bruce and get himself arrested.

Bruce sighed.

"Jason, I'm fine. The doctor said I can leave in a week," Bruce said.

"Doesn't matter. Aren't you angry for almost breaking your stupid no-killing rule," Jason said bitterly, crossing his arms and looking away from Bruce.

"But you didn't. And it wasn't really you, it was the toxin. I don't want you disappearing again because of what happened, you're still part of this family no matter what."

Jason looked over at him.

"Yeah, whatever," was all Jason said as he said down on the chair.

"I heard Damian was supposed to leave with the class yesterday but didn't after all. He was actually worried for you when Dick said you were rushed to the hospital," Jason said, trying to bring up a conversation.

"I told Damian that he should still go to Paris. He mentioned that Talia is involved in this and knows how to see through the miraculous magic. That she knows several miraculous holder's identities," Bruce told him.

"He should go to Paris, he's gone back to his phase of wanting to kill anyone who even dares to look at him," Jason said in hopes to bring up the mood with his joke.

Just then Damian walked back inside the room after leaving to get some food. After slightly moving the chair it more out, he sat down, next to Jason.

"What are you staring at Todd?" Damian asked.

Jason had been eyeing Damian the whole time he had entered the room.

"Just go to Paris if you're just going to be grumpy the whole time," Jason said.

Damian narrowed his eyes.

"I would've been in Paris already if Father hadn't gotten shot, Todd," Damian answered.