Chapter 23

5 am in the morning.... Ethan didn't come home last night and Sarah hasn't left her room , I just hope Austin's idea works .

I head out the house after getting ready, wearing the navy suit Ethan brought me last year when we attended the garden party , as I am driving I keep thinking about worst case scenarios, anxiety is an understatement.

Ethan's company is at stake and that makes my dad's as well , I don't want him to hear about this otherwise my worst fear will come upon me , besides nothing can make the situation worser than it already is .

I arrive at the morning show studio .it is exactly 6 am .my interview is in thirty minutes .

I'm anxious about two things - social media  and the results of this interview , I know the socials are already buzzing with this top news.

I deleted all my accounts last night to stop myself from reading what the people are already saying about this matter because I fear it would jeopadise my conduct in this interview , I have to remain calm at all cost and be fluent in everything I say  .

the staff members usher me in and cater to my needs before my segment , " Mrs Price ?, you are up " a young lady wearing a black pencil dress says .

as I aproach the stage where the host is sitting -fear starts to kick in , the many lights and cameras are all focused on me , I smile graciously as I sit before Linda Styen .

she does the whole introduction thing and and starts explaining to the public what happened and judging by the way she is speaking it is top news like I had figured ,if I were to take my phone off flight mode it would explode with different calls and emails.

" Mrs Price , I have my tablet right in front of me just to interact with the viewers , so some people are saying that you are here alone because Ethan forced you to come, is that true ?" she asks .

" forced me ? , no not at all , why would they even say that ?" I respond calmly.

" that's because there's this speculation going around on the media and people are saying that your husband is not as sweet and loving as he pretends to be , and that he hits you behind close doors , is that true?" 

" what ?' I act shocked , " there's no such thing ,my husband is the most sincerest person I know know ,he has never even once lifted a hand at me " to avoid getting caught it is better to just say what I came here to say and leave .

"I am here to  clarify things, the reason Ethan acted the way he did last night was out of love and honor, see the thing is , my cousin who is the lady people think my husband is having an affair with was raped quite a few times growing up by different men , she has been sent to different asylums  because of that, everytime that would happen to her she'd lose her mind completely and go into a mental breakdown, Ethan knows how my family suffered because of this , I'd go for days without sleeping crying over her as if she was dead because of how unfortunate she was , if I had been in her shoes I know I would've responded differently one thing about her is that she is strong , I think if it were me I would've committed suicide ages ago ....where was I ? oh right , and before we got married Ethan promised to never let something like that happen to her again and my husband happens to be a man of his word, so when he saw Hendry's hand running where it shouldn't have been he flipped , so to answer everyone's question , no my husband is not having an affair and most definitely did not force me to come here , he was just protecting my cousin although he was wrong I commend him for being selfless, he put his life on the line just to protect her and if the public still sees him as a monster after hearing this then it doesn't matter but to me he is a hero , our country needs man like my husband who will defend women even when  it puts their life's in danger , rather than man who  sit back and watch as their mothers and sisters  being abused by other man right in front of them , I can not believe people are saying such horrible things about such an honest man like my husband " .

the lies I just told twists my stomach , but there peoples suspicion are not wrong , there were many nights I went to bed crying wishing I would die because of the way he was treating me and today here I am compelled to come against the truth , tears starts streaming down my face .

" I can not do this , I am sorry " before I know it I'm running out of the building heading straight to my car.

my head falls on the hooter , I didn't know people have already figured out the truth , I've dreaded this day for longer than I can remember , and now the public might start pitying me like the workers .

running out like that gave the truth away , I made matters worse again , my God what have I done ?.

Ethan is going to kill me .... my dad , what about my dad ? , I take out my phone about to remove it off flight mode but pause in the process , " no I can't call him now , I'll ask Caityln to call him for me , but I don't think I can face Caitlyn as well , I acted on my own accord and drove this whole thing out of hand , if people see me they will approach me and add salt to my wounds , neither can I go to the office , the reporters will be standing right in front of the door , and inside Ethan will be waiting for me with a hammer in his hand.

I hit my forehead a few times on the staring wheel ,my mind is experiencing technical difficulties ,I start my car and drive to a place I do not know.