Chapter 33

" can you please get up Austin , I am really hungry and I don't have the energy to carry you down " I plead with him.

" for once I am not joking , my leg really hurts ,just because I look fit doesn't mean I am a robot , my foot really hurts "

"sorry , uhh.. I'm the type that attacks when in panic mode " .

" and you spoke into my ear like a mad lady "

" right , sorry for threatening you as well, can we go? "

he stretches out his hand for me to pull him up , " seriously?" I roll my eyes at him .

" do you want me to tell your father you haven't been nice to me ever since they left ?"  .

I nod my head and grab ahold of his hand , " that's what I thought ".

I pull him up successfully ,"are you always this annoying ?"  , he throws his arm around my shoulder ," you are going to be my walking stick today , how fun " he teases .

" I am starting to regret asking you to come here ".

" I am not ,I knew this weekend was going to be the best " he smiles like a little kid " lets go I am also hungry , we can stop by the subway before heading back " .

.......

we are climbing down the mountain or more like ...I am climbing down the mountain , Austin has been screaming since we took off and now my back is carrying his heavy body, as if that's not worse enough he keeps talking and talking and talking about things that are just annoying .

" I'm never going to make the mistake of injuring you again and if you don't keep quiet I swear I will drop you here and run away , you don't even know where the house we rented is ,so you will have no choice but to go back and I will tell my dad that you left because you don't really vibe with them" I snap at him panting and granting after every word.

" okay Mam , I am quiet " .

" I don't think I can breathe anymore , are you sure you can't try to walk on your own for at least 3 minutes?" .

" Nope "

"Ugh , I'm not sure if I can take this ,you are too heavy , I'd advice you to stop taking steroids " I tease him.

" If I start teasing you, you will get mad so don't you dare start with me if Ethan uses steroids it doesn't mean that all of us do , I am a natural" he gloats.

I remain silent not replying to his little comment.

He sighs ,"your dad is a really nice guy , he loves you girls beyond anything , he is more proud of the fact that you and Ethan are a power couple , you were right the truth would break him if he were ever to find out but I think what would break him more is finding out you bared all of that for your family's sake , he'd die of the heart attack you saved him those years ago from" .

" yeah I know " both of us fall into a moment of silence .

" a lot of people might call you out of your mind , but I admire you Lauren , I really do , you care for the people you love and put them first not a lot of people do that in this day and age  ".

" and you know what I also realised ?" he asks.

" mmhm " I nod .

" you love Ethan " he says calmly resting his chin on my shoulder , " you were willing to defend his honour even after everything , you can say its all about your family but it is about him as well , you can't bear to see him angry  or being pointed at , you cried because of many reasons and your love for Ethan is one of them "