Chapter 27

The following morning .....I slept well after a long time, although the couple next door was making a lot of noise with their giggling and the weird stuff couples do, I am starting to get used to the types of noises they make I don't know how .

these two barely even sleep , the vacation they took was not enough , since I am going to start earning some real money I think I will send them on a ten year vacation maybe then they'll get bored of each other and start sleeping for 8 hours a day .

Sarah is in the kitchen making cereal , her fake smile emerges when she sees me , " oh , if it isn't our saviour , good morning CFO , Ethan told me you are getting settled in and from next week onwards you are going to take on your 'rightful place ' he says , so tell me Mrs price what have you done to my man ?, this was all your plan wasn't it " her eyes narrow

" me ?, I didn't have anything to do with your flirting and Ethan's outburst how was that any of my plan?"

she laughs ,"yeah right , well just to be clear , I am not as forgiving as Ethan , you cost me my life , it angers me to see you happy , if it wasn't for you I'd be a real doctor by now instead of having to act like one and its all thanks to you ".

I hesitate ,"how is that my fault, I don't get it ?"

she laughs mockingly , "you saw where I lived , how did you think I was going to afford to go to med school ?, Ethan was going to pay for my studies , and all because of you I missed five years of my life. I just registered like a week ago all thanks to the money Ethan gives me access to , my dad died working extra hard at the Mines to gather the money for my fees" tears well up from the edges of her eyes but she gathers herself" , I am telling you this so that you understand that from here onwards I will make your life a living hell , I blame it all on you , you you you , you killed my father , you killed my dreams all because of your selfishness , I hate you LAUREN RIVERS !" her hot breath is heating my face sending chills down my feet. her eyes are not necessarily red but the look dressed in that colour.

I have never seen her this mad, Sarah has always been a liar , she always used to say that her dad was just as rich as ours and that he owns mines ,* not 'works at the mines' , her dad was just a  liar as her because he'd fetch her in limos wearing tuxedos and today she is telling me she couldn't have been able to afford med school without Ethan , and all along we thought she lived in a mansion when all along she was living in that place Austin found her in , she is more toxic than I thought .

regardless... what she just said broke my heart , I did not know what she stood to lose back then , I had no idea about her situation and if it wasn't for me , her dad might've still been alive today , guilt chokes me .

" now that Ethan is starting to see you in a different light it angers me , it angers me to a point where I just want to break your neck but that would be too painless for you .... But best believe that I will strike when you least expect it and I will make you pay double for what you cost me .... I don't care who goes down with you " her nostrils flaring like actually fire is about to come out.

I have never been this scared in my entire life not even when I was left all alone at home at 9 years old and I kept hearing sounds coming from the basement .

she returns to her normal self and wears her fake smile , " have a lovely day at work and greet my love for me , bye" she waves at me wickedly grinning.

I am on my way to work and I can't stop replaying her words in my mind, I think I might've made Ethan's life worse , the only way she will let this hatred go is if I move away from them , she scares me to death , I am not afraid for me but for my family , when she said she doesn't care who goes down with me I am guessing she meant my family since she knows how much I care for them because of what  I endured for their sake.

I arrive at work still haunted by the demon I saw with my very eyes , the only person I can thinking of telling about this is KAM .

I'm going to tell him about this when we meet on friday , I feel like I am in a horror movie that will play for eternity ,for goodness sake just when I think things are falling into place another problem arises.

this time I remember to knock on Ethan's door before entering , " come in !" 

I make my way in not sure how to carry myself after what I have heard and seen , " oh its you , new rule , you can come in and out of my office as much as you please " he says cheerfully.

" noted " I freeze by the door .

" come in, what is it ?" 

" nothing , I wanted to ask if uh ...... you know what never mind its fine " 

" Lauren , you can talk to me " ,he tries to read me.

" actually I wanted to ask if I can move to the guest bedroom , I can't really sleep since you guys don't sleep " 

" oh that , yeah , you are right , you can move to any room you want ,hey did my doctor leave before you or after you ?" 

" she was at the house when I left " I answer looking to the sides.

" oh okay , I am so proud of my Sarah did you know she is the only young doctor at the hosiptal , not only that she told me she was awarded last year for best what-what doctor, that women is just great in everything she does no wonder why I couldn't get over her ,she is wonder women in the flesh , aren't you proud to be living under the same roof with an award winning doctor ?, we will never have to pay medical bills , infact I think I should cancel my medical aid "he  talks about her so proudly I just wonder what his tune will be once he comes to know the truth.

I am just suprised at the progress we are making , he is speaking to me like he used to back then , like we are actually friends , he really meant it when he talked about starting afresh and just like back then all he used to talk to me about was Sarah and still is today.

" Woah , slow down , she is only a doctor , what if you need surgery ?, you are going to have to pay cash and it is much better to pay the medical aid then to have to come out of your pocket when something bad happens " I attempt to talk him out of such a foolish idea , the truth will come out one day whether Sarah likes it or not , Light always has a way of exposing what is in the dark.

" yeah you are right , I won't cancel my medical aid , I was only joking though"

I breathe out internally " good choice , I will see you at lunch then?"

" yeah sure ,and one more thing I really wish that you guys can make up , I just want peace from now onwards and I'd really appriacte it if you make the effort "

" I want that too , but I am afraid I am not the person you should be worrying about " .

" yeah I know,I know , I will get to Sarah one way or another there's nothing I don't know about her , I'll find a way to blackmail her without her realising it " he says .

if only he knew he doesn't know her as much as he thinks he does .