17 | 𝐌𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐲 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

-Dorothy Davis, the maid-

I was on the elevator grabbing the doors so the girls could come right in and enter the place with the cleaning carts. Every once in three days I and three maids would come to the top apartment to make a big cleanse. Although we had other residents with strict rules in cleaning Mr.Maxwell startled all of them, he was a very neat and rigid man about cleaning his house.

It was 8 am now and the girls were already chatting happily, they had between their 20s and 30s, but that had its perk to me, I was the ruler maid in other words the maids chief, I was the only one allowed in the apartment and they could only enter with me. I had been the same regular man since Mr.Maxwell first moved here, when he had 21, he has now 27, they grow fast, don't they?

He was always a quiet boy, and I grew up quite attached to him, although he never complain about anything, about my work or his work whenever he came home, he never would say when he was sick or when he was down yet along the way I found myself caring for this little boy, I felt like a gandmother to him, I would make him soup whenever he looked paler and breaded steaks when his dark circles were visible.

I started to feel like family since I'd never seen his family in the house, not his mother nor father, although I knew they existed through the small talk on the phone that I heard. In my perspective, very different from the others, Mr.Maxwell was a nice man with a soft heart but massive stone walls around it, I think life guided him to have a strong personality, we all know we aren't born mean which he hasn't he was just very strict and he liked and respect people who knew how to do their jobs.

In my opinion, he was just a very lonely boy. Who was trying everything to succeed. Sometimes I wish I could just hug him and tell him everything was going to be alright like I did to my sons.

"I've heard he is cheating on her" Priscilla said, Priscilla was one of the maids, she was a small figurine with straight black hair, and long nails who didn't help her clean correctly and always used those headbands with flowers and sparkles.

"I've heard he his gay" Yolanda mentioned next making the other girls laugh. Yolanda was a tall and strong girl, she talked too much but was great at cleaning.

"Well, I've heard she is cheating on him with his assistant" Rebecca giggled. She was the most coveted of the girls and maids in the entire hotel. She was known for her hourglass shape and her big breasts who weren't always that big like her eyelashes or her mouth. I had never seen her a day without makeup on. Not to mention she has been a few times on the line of being fired due to some rumors of her weird visitations to some residents' places.

"Don't you have a life? Do you have to occupy yourselves with other people's lives?" I questioned looking at them disappointed. They looked down ashamed of their behavior but the being maid was also that. As maids without waiting the rumors would always reach our ears, it was almost like the bible yet the bible of the building, we would see everything within those four walls of each resident and we could not pretend we were deaf, I would be mute one of the reason's Mr.Maxwell trusted me, but these girls? They loved good gossip and the word would spread amongst the rest of the employees, the stories would mix and get more complete our incomplete, some words would change and the gossip would grow to bigger scandals and also bigger lies.

"I'm sorry Dorothy" They said in unison

"But Dorothy" Rebecca began "Do you think they love each other? I never seen them being lovely to each other"

I thought about a question and the truth was neither did I. The past month I've been taking care of those two hasn't made me doubt a single time they did not love each other. I just saw them fight but they fought like an old married couple making me remember of my Robert and I, my husband and I fought like them all the time at the end of the day that's what marriage is about fighting and then making truces. Fighting means they communicate and hear each other although it doesn't look like it at first, it makes them get to know each other I learned that through the years, and a couple who fights like them is surely a healthy couple. There are some types of fights that are good others not so good but when they talked to each other and push each other buttons I always try not to laugh, they surely have heated moments but that will make them only stronger in the future.