10

"Become the Albanian Mafia Don and marry me

"Become the Albanian Mafia Don and marry me." Giovanni said. 

"You'd be the most powerful-" He said and I cut him off. "And so would you" I stated challenging him. 

I placed my hand on his chest fiddling with his suit jacket. "It seems to me Giovanni D'Angelo that you are afraid I'll take over your mafia." 

He simply looked at me with a smirk and wrapped his arms around my waist, bringing me even closer. 

"Not afraid Nora, just doing what's best for the both of us." He said and I got distracted by the nickname to process what he said properly. 

The nickname seemed so close but so distant. I couldn't seem to remember where I'd heard it from. 

"I'll think about your offer. It may not end the way you'd like it to." I replied honestly since I don't have plans to marry after Abdyl dies. 

"I'll wait for your answer after Abdyl dies." He said and I nodded. 

"Things will get tricky if you fail to kill him straight away. I'd have to somehow get a divorce, which he won't give me easily." I said. 

"Just trust me. Whether we marry or not I'll still keep you safe."

_________________________

Time skip 

We had made it home but Giovanni hadn't come with us. He said he'd be back tomorrow and let us know about his 'plan.'

I don't have a good feeling about this plan of his, just kill the man and get it over with. Why is he going the long route?

Oh well, as long as I get my freedom. 

"I can't believe he was spying on us!" Aleksander said pacing around his office whilst I sat there calmly. 

"Can we trust him?" He asked no one in particular but I decided to answer. "Yes." 

"How?" Aleksander questioned. 

I knew he was stupid...

but this isn't rocket science. 

"We both have the same aim to kill Abdyl, so we can trust him." I replied. 

"I still think you should marry him to secure the alliance." Aleksander said and I scoffed at him not bothering to reply. 

I wasn't going to tell him about Giovanni proposing the marriage offer, since I have a plan of my own. 

"No point stressing, just do everything he says and get this over with." I said and left the office to go to sleep. 

These days may have been peaceful but it was still stressful and it was a new atmosphere for me. 

_____________________

Time skip - 1 week. 

Abdyl was supposed to be back today and Giovanni was as my bodyguard as usual. 

Part of me was afraid but the other parts wants to be free and I will now not stop until I get it. 

I wore a simple white oversized shirt with denim jeans. I tucked the front of the shirt into my jeans to look more presentable. I added a necklace and matching earrings. 

I put my hair in a clip with some strands out, and did some normal makeup. 

I made my way downstairs and saw Giovanni at the bottom of the stairs like usual. 

"Good Morning" He said and I replied with a "Good Morning" too. 

The door to the home opened revealing Abdyl, and I don't know why but my heart stopped instantly when we made eye contact. 

He was walking towards me but I'd frozen. 

Luckily Aleksander arrived then too. 

"Abdyl, you've arrived." Aleksander said patting his sons back. 

Fake mf-

just saying-

Abdyl turned to me and glared at me. "Why wouldn't you answer any of my calls." He asked. 

It's true I ignored all his calls. I guess I got some confidence when he wasn't here, but I regret it now. 

"Answer me, you bitch!" 

"She broke her phone." Aleksander said and it only made the matter worse. 

"You think you have the right to break stuff and I continue to pay for you." He hissed now grabbing my face harshly. 

"Abdyl let go-" Aleksander was interrupted by me. "Get your filthy hands of me." I hissed to him and his eyes widened. 

"Who do you think you're speaking to?" He said and raised his hand to slap me, which was grabbed by Giovanni. 

Abdyl looked at who stopped him and saw Giovanni and his eyes darkened. 

"Who do you think you are getting involved, huh? You're nothing but a guard, now get lost!" Abdyl yelled but Giovanni didn't budge instead punched Abdyl. 

This wasn't the plan-

Why's he going off the plan?

"A mere guard just punched me? Let me guess you're both having an affair, yeah? I knew you were a whore Elenora." Abdyl went on a rant which results in another punch from Giovanni. 

"You're dead. Who do you think you are?" Abdyl hissed going to punch him back but Giovanni grabbed his arm. 

"Giovanni D'Angelo" He said answering Abdyl's question. Abdyl's eyes widened and fear was written all over his face. 

Maybe this plan was better-

at least I get to see the fear on his face. 

"W-what are you doing here?" Abdyl stuttered.

"I'm here to kill you." Giovanni said and grabbed a gun from the back of his trousers.

"I bet Elenora set this up. Father, help me!" Abdyl cried out like a baby.  

"Not Elenora, but your father set this up." Giovanni said.

Giovanni was about to pull the trigger when we were bombarded by gunshots, which smashed all the windows.