24

I exited the court room now as Mrs D'Angelo

Gio was walking beside me and the awkwardness in the air was much more prominent than before. 

We sat in the car as I tried my best not to make any eye contact with him. I guess he realised which is why he spoke up. 

"No need to feel awkward. The marriage doesn't change anything between us." He said coldly. It felt like he was telling himself more than me. 

"Sure."

"Also, maybe I should have told you sooner but I'm gonna need a bunch of favours from you now." He said making me look at him confused. 

"Well Aria and Alonzo have moved out into their own penthouse now." He started

"Why?" I questioned. 

"I don't know, something about being an awkward 3rd wheel. Kid's nowadays." He mumbled the last part. 

Gosh they're both planning something. 

"What other favour?" I asked him. 

"Well you obviously have to stay with me in my mansion no. And-" He paused.

"And?"

"And we will have to share a room." He says making my eyes widen. "Why?"

"Because we need everything to think this is a love marriage or the Russians won't leave Abdyl. Instead they'll try to get us to divorce to break the alliance between us fully." He said making me groan and lean my head back. 

Abdyl has made it his mission to ruin my life-

Even when he's not here. 

"How would they find out about what's happening in the mansion?" I questioned not comfortable with this idea at all. 

"Well, I didn't want to freak you out before. But, we had a new chef who ended up being a spy for them."

My eyes widened at his words. 

I guess I don't have much of a choice-

Again...

We sat in silence for the rest of the drive as I looked at the window. 

I was thinking about what dress to wear for the party which is no less than 2 hour now. When we made it to the mansion. 

I knew I'd have to get ready quickly so I walked quickly into the house going straight into my room looking for a dress. 

I found a dress on my bed which Aria must have put there. It was a black tight fitting, silk long dress which was backless. 

I knew it would be perfect.

I put it on and it fit me perfectly in all the right places. 

(Reference at the top)

I straightened my hair putting it in a middle parting and pushing then behind my shoulders. I then started my makeup. 

I did a glowy makeup look and some eyeshadow. I don't usually like a red lip but I knew it would go well with the black dress so I decided to wear a red lipstick. 

(References)

 I heard a knock on the door as I was touching up my jewellery

The door open to reveal Gio as he eyed me from top to bottom. I suddenly felt shy from his gaze as he leaned against the door with his hands in his pockets. I felt my cheeks heating up but I quickly hid it turning around and applying some perfume. 

"Some of the guests are here." He said clearing his throat. I looked at him through the mirror and nodded. 

He was about to walk out when I spoke. "How do I look?" I teased as I turned around now walking towards him. 

"Breath taking." He said with a smirk which made me blush. 

I didn't expect that as his reply. 

"Um, you look good too." I said walking past him through the door frame. My chest brushed up against his slightly as I felt him stiffen slightly. 

I pretended to be oblivious as I he cleared his throat and followed behind me. He placed his hand on my lower back as I felt tingles around the area. We walked down the stairs as everyone eyes were on us. 

I noticed we had triple the guards outside and around the home. 

"Wait did the Russians find out about the marriage already?" I asked him and he nodded.

We made it at the bottom of the stairs and Armani came towards us. He nodded to both of us. 

"Congratulations on the marriage." Armani said and I smiled. "Thank you."

"No news from the Russians yet?" Armani asked and Gio shook his head. 

"Let's hope everything goes to plan." He said and excused himself. 

We walked around greeting people as they congratulated us. Aria and Alonzo kept taking me from Gio so Gio dragged me away from them, keeping me beside him.

My feet started to ache from the heels after a while and now I was holding on to Gio for dear life so I don't trip. 

"Gosh, I regret this party already." I mumbled making Gio look down at me as he chuckled. 

"This was all your idea love." He said and I tensed slightly from the nickname. "Yh, well I said I regret it."

He chuckled which made me laugh lightly too. I could feel eyes on me from a bunch of women. Some giving me dirty looks and the others too busy admiring Gio. 

I sighed at all the eyes at us and Gio must have noticed since he leaned forward and whispered. "Don't worry, they won't take your man from you..."

"I'm yours, only yours."