Chapter 5: True Darkness

"First the Thanafer, then the death," Amari grumbled, "Sir, I saw it happen, and, you may not like the news," Dark explained, with all the gear they left at Keir's place, or now, Dark's place, "The thugs I tried to fight off, they have some sort of ties with the Thanafers, maybe what's causing all the fear within St. Louis," Dark stated, "If only there was an ETA I can use, I can probably find out what in the world is going on before the city was built," Dark adds, "Go, just, go, we need more time to discuss the problems of this," Amari stated, "And, to let you know, I am placing you in with the other high ranked assassins, since, you are ... Keir," Amari adds, "So, how's this new teammate for us," a female voice echoed behind Dark, "I am guessing, their the new one," a male voice said, they both appear standing next to Dark, the one on their left is a male about early twenties, while the female on the right is mid-twenties, "Yes, now go, get to know each other for now," Amari said, walking away into the door behind all the council chairs.

Dark sat on a bench outside the council room looking directly down, "You think he's ok," the female voice said, "I don't know," the male voice responded, Dark closed their eyes, and took a profound sigh, "You tell me, I just saw someone die that I was trying to protect," Dark stated, the male walked up to Dark, and pat them on the back, and Dark quickly stood up, "Don't touch me," They yelled, loud enough that the other assassins started to stare. the male backed off, and Dark sighed, with steam exiting the mask, "I'm the Dark Assassin, Dark for short," Dark said, then another assassin ran through the hall to try and get to the council room, pushing Dark out the way, "I'm sorry," The assassin yelled. Dark walked off, "Brad, do you think, he's what the prophesy has wanted us to know," the female asks, "I don't know Allie, but, I hope so," Brad responded.

2/4/2023
Dark was out on the court field outside of the city, punching the air, throwing knives, shooting at handcrafted targets, and so on. "There you are" a familiar voice called out, "What do you want Amari" Dark asks, with a bent back, "More assassins need your help, and one of the teams, is yours, assassin," Amari stated, "I am a solo assassin, I don't need a team, I am ... I will be a future assassin, and I lived a solo life this whole time, if you want me to be in a team, then just don't, it's a waste of my time," Dark stated, "Your from the future right," Amari asks, Dark looked down, "So you know what will happen, and you must act upon the knowledge," he adds, "Fine, but this'll cost you double," Dark grumbled, walking past Amari.