Part 9 - The curtain thing

She stands in front of a window and looks outside. I pick up my phone again and dial a number. "Crown Prince?" "When are you coming here?" "Why? Did something happen?" "I don't have much time to make phone calls right now, but at the latest when you're in front of the house you'll know why" I carefully look out of the window. "Okay, we'll come as soon as possible" "Thanks, see you later" I hang up.

"Guys, close all the curtains" "Why?" Nick joins us, followed closely by Simon and Charlie. "Look" all three crowd to the window. "They really won't give up" "When do they plan to leave again?" "Take a close look, it looks as if they had prepared for a longer time" "Really great" "Wilhelm?" "Hm?" "We don't have curtains on all the windows" "Then hang something in front of it, sweater, blanket, bath towel..." "Okay" let's begin.

First, all the windows in the basement are closed and the curtains drawn. On the few windows without, blankets and other cloths are glued. "Upstairs too?" "Yes, or do you want someone to watch you sleep?" "No thanks" "Exactly" we continue on the upper floor. After everything is done, we all fall tired on the sofa. "Sorry for the circumstances" "It doesn't matter, you can't do much about it after all" Sarah waves it off. "Oh, and if you are somehow asked about me or about Simon by someone you don't know" "Then we won't comment and go away" "Exactly" I grin. It rings at the door.

"I'm going" Nick stands up. "But please see who's there before you open up" "Of course" he disappears briefly and then comes back with Oscar and Malin. "Crown Prince" they come to me and stand in front of me with their arms crossed. "Have you been bothered by the people out there?" Malin looks at me questioningly. "Yes" Charlie looks at his phone. "Fuck" "What's up?" I look at him questioningly. "We have to go home now" he looks at Simon. "Oscar, could you possibly accompany Simon, it's only a matter of time before they find out where he is" "If it's your express wish, then I'll be happy to do it" "It is" "Good" he turns to Simon and Charlie. "We've already picked up the second car, so I can drive you both." "Th-thanks" Charlie stutters. Simon also seems to be quite overwhelmed. "Leave is in five minutes" Oscar goes back to the door, opens it and goes out. Malin goes after him, but to lock up again.

I pull Simon up by his hand and hug him. We kiss briefly. "I'll come out with you" "Thanks" I let him go with a smile. "I'll come with you, too" Nick says while pulling Charlie up from the sofa. "Put your jackets or something over your head again" said and done. I put my jacket back in Simon's hand, which he gratefully accepts.  Nick, in turn, gives Charlie a hooded hoodie, which he also puts on. "Do you need something too?" Nick looks questioningly in my direction. "No, I can do it without" Malin opens the door and walks out in front of us, but she stays on the stairs and waits for us. "Come" I say to Nick and Charlie.

Out of the corner of my eye I see one of the cameramen jump up as he sees us and pulls out his camera. "He's annoying" I whisper softly into Simon's ear. "He really is" I walk to the other side of the car with Simon and open the door. Malin takes Simon's suitcase from one car and puts it in the trunk of the other car. Now both cameras are operational, one on Nick and Charlie, the other on us.

I quickly help Simon into the car and kiss him on the lips. "Write to me when you've arrived" "I'll do it" he smiles. "Here, otherwise you will freeze tomorrow" he gives me my jacket.  "Thank you" "Bye" I close the car door. On the other side, Charlie is giving a little goodbye kiss on Nick's cheek and then gets in too. After making sure he has everyone in the car that needs to be in, Oscar gets in and drives off. Nick and I give the car a quick wave before we go back into the house with Malin.