Part 24 - Your brother would be proud

He's not in the hallway outside. "Are you looking for the crown prince?" I nod. "He went into that room back there" he points to a door Malin is standing in front of. "Thank you" I run and open it.

TW panic attack

In it, Wilhelm goes in circles, breathing really fast and rubbing his chest with one hand, nervously chewing on the fingernails of the other hand. I walk over to him and gently place my hand on his. Apparently he hasn't really noticed me until then and is startled for a moment, but his hand moves more and more slowly until he finally takes it from his chest. I hug him slowly. His breathing is still way too fast.

"Wille" "Hmm?" "Try to breathe more calmly" I lay my head on his shoulder and listen as he breathes more and more slowly and regularly. We stand like that for quite a while until he really calms down completely. "Thank you" "No problem" we slowly release ourselves from the embrace. "Is August right? Am I a bad crown prince?" "You're not a typical crown prince and you're not that motivated to do your duties either, but that doesn't mean you're bad." "You really think so? I can always hand over the post" "Wille" I tug at his uniform, grinning hereabouts.

"Yeah, I mean that, you're good and" I pause. "Your brother would be proud of you, nothing else" he smiles at me with tears in his eyes. "Thank you" Wille kisses me and pulls me back into a tight hug. "I love you" he whispers in my ear. "I love you too" I smile. "Wilhelm, Simon, are you all right? Are you coming?" "Yes"

TW ends here

Pov Wilhelm
I open the door and walk out to my parents, holding Simon's hand. "Are you okay? What happened?" "August um... I'll probably tell you later, calmly" I smile. "And I'm better" "Good" "You have to get out now" calls Oscar from the other side of the aisle. Simon squeezes my hand a little tighter and takes a deep breath. "Hey, that'll work out" I look him deep in the eyes. "Hopefully" he puts his head on my shoulder. "You can blame me otherwise" she laughs. We talked to each other on the drive here and tried to explain to each other why we acted the way we did. There are still a few things I haven't told her, but there's still time. And she wants to invite Simon and his family to the castle, which of course makes me really happy.

We are led to a door by Malin. First my parents go out and sit in their seats, after that we have to go. "Are you ready?" "I think so, yes" Simon smiles at me. "Good" I quickly kiss his lips and take his hand. "Then let's go" as soon as we set foot outside, all eyes, cameras and phones are on us. Simon suddenly stops uncertainly, but I squeeze his hand a little tighter and walk on with him.

When we finally arrived at our seats, we sit down and the two teachers who mainly organized the student exchange go to the lectern and tell how it all came about, which is relatively exciting. I'm really so thankful that we were able to come here, otherwise we would never have met Nick and Charlie, for example, and that would be very sad. "And now Crown Prince Wilhelm says something about it, as a student" my sign. I get up, wipe my pants and smile again at Simon before I go to the lectern.