Part 25 - Speech

Pov Charlie
I'm standing next to Nick, pretty close to Simon and the royal family. I never thought that one day I would be so good friends with a crown prince and his boyfriend, especially the crown prince of Sweden. Others would be much more realistic.

As Wille begins, I look around and watch the others. Many of the students seem rather unmotivated, others film Wilhelm, probably in the hope that something exciting will happen like his last one. A few girls whisper excitedly and keep pointing at him and then at Simon, somehow understandable and somehow not.

I feel a finger tap my hand and look down. Nick takes my hand at that moment and grins. "Um, we're standing here in the middle of the people, someone will definitely see us" I whisper in his ear.  "Thinking because of Harry, or rather, everyone already knows that we're together anyway, so it doesn't matter anymore, does it?" he whispers back. "If you really want that" "I really and honestly want to, if they don't suspect or know anything, they have a very long line" he laughs softly.

I look again at Wilhelm with a satisfied smile, who should be finished by now. We offered him to practice with us, which means that we now almost all know the speech by heart, but that's okay. "I want to briefly address something else that is only indirectly related to the student exchange." he looks questioningly at his mother, who nods in agreement.

"If you guys" now his gaze wanders to the reporters and the TV people. "Trying to bother me, okay. If you want to secretly take pictures of me, do it. If you follow me, good. But if you again in any way bother my friends, classmates, or especially my boyfriend, I'll report you I'm serious. If there are any important things that have changed in my life, I will let you know, but only when I feel ready. Thanks for your attention." while Wilhelm collects his cards with the speech on them, there is applause. Nick let go of my hand for exactly that, by the way. Smiling, Wille goes back to his seat and sits down.

Now both directors go to the desk and say a little something. The director of Hillerska came a few days ago just for today and is going back to Sweden with the others tomorrow. When the two have finally finished speaking, the crowd slowly dissolves and most of them go home.

The royal family remain seated while their bodyguards stand around them. Wilhelm looks around and then waves us over. Nick and I walk up to him hand in hand and get slanted looks from the side, but Nick doesn't seem to care at all and I actually ignore it as much as possible.

"I want to introduce you to someone" Wille says, pointing to the Queen. "That's my mother. Mother, that's Nick and Charlie, we've been staying with them lately" he smiles. Before I know it, his mother is shaking my hand. "Hello" "H... hello" I stutter, slightly overwhelmed. She also goes to Nick and shakes his hand, he also seems slightly overwhelmed.

"Thank you again for putting up with us" "You were great, only the people who wanted something from you were a bit annoying" Nick grins.  "I can only agree" I laugh.

Pov Wilhelm
"We have to go to the game today, it's not someone who's missing, but two. So one last afternoon together isn't possible" says Nick, disappointed. "Too bad" "Yes, really" "Wilhelm, are you coming?" my mother taps me on the shoulder. "Yes" I turn back to the others. "I'll be right back" we move a bit further away from the group.

"I spoke to your teacher a few days ago" "You mean Jan-Olof spoke to them" "Yes, that's right. How do you know that?" "Is that a serious question?" "No, not really" she laughs. "But what did he actually discuss with our teachers?" "You and Simon don't necessarily have to go back with the others, you can come with me" "Okay, wow. And when are you going back?" "The day after tomorrow, so you could stay here one more day" "Is there a but somewhere?" "No, exceptionally not" "Thank you" I smile. "I'll just ask Simon"

I go back to him and explain everything to him. He nods in agreement. "Sounds good" he smiles.