Part 21 - I dont care

"I finally know who I am and actually I don't want to hide it anymore. I now feel comfortable with the thought that I have to come out, even if I think it's totally stupid, that you still have to come out. And even if certain people don't take it well, I don't care, I have everything I need. Also, I'm like that and thank you for not making a difference." I look around with a smile as I talk.

"Why should there be a difference at all? You are you and you have always been you, just because you're out now doesn't mean you're suddenly completely different. You'll be different, no question, but that can only make us happy. Boys, we're finally able to meet the real Nick!" everyone cheers. I look at the floor, overwhelmed and a little bit ashamed. "He's saying as long as you don't quit rugby it's fine" I laugh. "Thank you" I go back to my seat and everyone gives me a quick hug.

I wait until everyone is outside and take my phone. I smile and look for the contact 'Char' and call him. "Nick? Did something happen?" "Yeah, but nothing really bad right now" "Oh okay. Will you tell me what happened anyway?" "I'll tell you when we take Simon home, okay?" "Good. Is that just why you called?" "No. How are you?" "A little better" "Have you eaten anything?" I ask cautiously. "Half an apple, that's all I could get down" "I'm proud of you" "Nick?" "Yes?" "Thanks. Thanks for letting Tori know, I don't know what else I would have done..." he says slowly. "But you're better, aren't you?" "I think so" "Okay, otherwise I would have come straight to you" "Nick?" I look at the door. "Simon, whats up?" "You should come slowly" "Yes, I'll be right there" "Go Nick, I'll be fine" "Okay, but if anything happens, please call Simon or Wille right away, okay?" "I'll do that" "Good, then see you later" "See you then" I hang up.

"Why is outside everyone saying how proud they are of you?" now Wille also appears behind Simon. "I... I came out to them, right, because Harry already told them." "Oh" "Wow" "And how does it feel?" "Surprisingly well, especially because it just doesn't bother them one bit" I smile. I am pulled into a hug by both of them simultaneously and almost crushed. "Help" I say theatrically.

"I'll come in for a moment too" we get out. Charlie opens the door and stands there smiling. "Hi" "Hi" "Hey" Simon walks in, I follow him. "What actually happened before?" He closes the door. "Um" I'm looking around, nobody here. "Before, during practice..." "Yes?" "Harry was there" "You said it's nothing serious" he says reproachfully. "Well" I take his hand. "We were arguing and he insulted you and me pretty badly" "And what's good about that now?!"

"The others intervened and also insulted him quite a bit" I laugh. "Okay wow I didn't really expect that from them" "Me neither" I kiss him. "Oh yeah, did I mention they're really excited to meet the real me?" I ask between two kisses. "Uh no?!" he grins and hugs me. "But there is something else I have to tell you" "What is it?" "It could be that Harry is a bit angry with me, a bit very angry I think at least." "What are you getting at?" "He will most likely tell the whole school about it" "Oh" I slowly let go of him and actually want to say something else, but he forestalls me.

"I know you don't really want to come out just yet and I'm so sorry I ran to you without thinking, I would have even kissed you quickly” he just gushed out. "I don't have a problem with being outed anymore, I really don't, I'm actually kind of happy about it, so please stop blaming you." I hug him again. "You're really okay with it?" "Yes, really" "But you might be bullied too" "I don't care, as long as I have you it's fine" I kiss his forehead with a smile. "Nick, come on" I hear someone calling from outside. "I'll be right there" I call back. "Sorry, but you heard it" I kiss him again. "Bye" "Bye"