Part 30 - We

Pov Wilhelm
I open the door and go ahead to see Simon's reaction. He seems overwhelmed with all this stuff, but his reactions are always so cute.

He comes in and his mouth doesn't close at all anymore, out of sheer amazement. "So you can close your mouth again" I grin. "Wille" he says slightly indignant and comes to me. He's clinging to me like he's going to die or something. "You do realize that this is pretty much the same room my mom has?" "First of all, that's not a room, that feels bigger than our whole apartment and secondly, I thought that you have a different room, I mean a little smaller." "We" "What?"

"A quick reminder that this is our room. You meant that we have a smaller room." "Oh yeah. I still can't really belive it" he laughs. "You still have time" I kiss him with a big grin. "Crown Prince, Simon, your luggage" I go back to the door and open it. "Thank you" "No problem. Shall we put it in for you?" "That would be nice"

I've seen the two employees before, but I don't think I've really had anything to do with them. The first goes out again, the other takes the last suitcase from the small trolley and then goes also out again. "And where exactly are things going now?" Simon looks at me questioningly. "Come" I take his hand and go with him into the second room where the bed is.

"I would take the suitcases here first of all" "Why?" "Do you want to walk half-naked to the door tomorrow just to get your clothes?" "No" "You see" we get our suitcases and put on something more comfortable.

After I briefly wrote to Nick, we lay in bed next to each other and devoted ourselves to our phones. "My mother wants to know how you are" "I'm great. How about her?" I look questioningly at Simon. "She's doing relatively well too" "What does relatively mean?" "She has a bit of a cold" "Oh" a few minutes pass, then Simon turns back to me.

"Can you please tell me what this plan means? I can't see through it at all" "Sure I can" I take the folded piece of paper from the bedside table and look at it. "I'll tell you everything that's important, is that okay?" "Yes, of course. Thank you" he smiles. I start reading.

Of the approximately twenty events, only six are relevant to us: checking out, arriving at the event, departing from there, arriving at the airport, taking off and arriving in Stockholm. "And do we really have to go to this event?" "They invited you too, so I would just go." "I really have to get used to it, don't I?" "Yes" "Well then"

We sit with my mother again and she tells us why she changed her mind. My speech was to blame as it stands. It had kept her so busy that she had to think about it again and again and that's why it didn't let her rest. That's exactly what I wanted, my goal was to make our relationship public, yes, but also to 'wake up people' a little bit, especially my parents.

I saw my mother cry for the first and last time, at Erik's funeral, but now she's crying again, almost. A few hours ago I still thought it was really weird, despite our conversation in the car, but now I can tell that she means it and is very sorry. She's doing her best to make things right. I want that too, I also want to do my best to really reconcile with her.

But I also know that it takes time, time to trust her again. Well, I've never really trusted her, simply because she was never my mother, just the queen. But she's been more my mom the last two weeks than the 16 years before and that's so nice. It's starting to feel right.