Accident

*1 week later*

Bella and Marinette walk down the stairs and Bella being Bella slips on ice.

"Whoa there clumsy Smurf careful." Marinette says helping the girl up with Charlie.

"You okay Bells?" Charlie asks her as Marinette giggles. "Chief I think she slipped." Marinette says laughing. "Nooo really?" Bella says chuckling.

"Come on kiddo you know you can call me Charlie now." Charlie tells her as she salutes him.

"Ice doesn't help the uncoordinated." Bella tells them. "That's why I got you girls new tires. You drive with Bella M wait till you put them on they're behind the trunk." Charlie tells her as she nods.

"The other ones were nearly bald." Charlie tells Bella.

"You got me new tires? No one's ever done that before." Marinette says making Charlie look confused. "Your parents don't buy you tires?" Charlie asks her

"Oh uh y-" "We should get going. We'll be late." Bella says helping her best friend out.

"I'll be late for dinner Bells. I'm heading down to Mason County. A security guard at the Grisham Mill got killed by some kind of animal." He says.

"An animal?" Both girls say confused. "You're not in Phoenix or Russia any more, girls. They've been hunting it for a week with no luck. Thought I'd lend a hand." Charlie tells them as they nod.

"Nothing new. A bear once came into a grocery store back in Russia." Marinette says shrugging her shoulders.

"Be careful." Bella tells Charlie as Marinette hops in the trunk sitting down "Always am." he tells her. "And thank you. For the tires." Bella tells him. "Yea Charlie thanks you old man." Marinette says as he high fives her laughing.

_________________________

-FORKS HIGH SCHOOL HISTORY CLASS-

Marinette sits down fidgeting with her necklace as Jasper looks at it. "That's a pretty necklace Nette." Jasper says gaining her attention.

"Yea it's really pretty." Marinette says smiling at it. "Yea really pretty." Jasper says as he looks at her.

"Where did you get it?" Jasper asks her wanting to talk to his mate. "Oh uh I think my parents." She says realizing what she said.

"Think?" Jasper says frowning in confusion. "Yea you know I don't remember I was young maybe one of my aunts gave it to me." Marinette lies as she smiles.

Jasper feels the sudden change of sadness making him worry. "You know you can talk to me Nette. I'm here for you." He tells her as she nods.

"Let's turn in our project." Marinette says as he nods.

_________________________
-FORKS HIGH SCHOOL PARKING LOT-

"Hey Bells what's up? You're staring at Edweirdo like he's a piece of candy." Marinette asks her.

"He talked to me today but he was being weird." Bella tells her. "That's why I call him Edweirdo." Marinette says as they laugh.

Suddenly sound of a high pitched SCREECH, that quickly grows LOUDER gaining the girls attention. They see a van heading right towards them.

Marinette pushes Bella away as Edward catches her head before it hits the floor. Marinette tries to go under the truck but it's too late. The van gets closer to her as she feels a pair of arms around her.

She looks up to meet a pair of honey eyes. "You okay?" Jasper asks her as she nods. She looks to the side of the Van to see a dent. "What the-" she says lowly as Jasper kisses her forehead and leaves.

"Bella!" Marinette yells out in worry for her friend. "M!?" Bella says running to her. "Oh thank god!" Marinette says hugging her as people crowd them and panic.

________________________

-HOSPITAL-

Marinette sits on the hospital bed as a Nurse checks up on her. "We called your parents hun but it goes straight to voicemail." the nurse tells her. "Oh they're uh out of town." Marinette tells her as she nods and leaves the room.

"Hey Nette." Jasper says walking in.

"Hey...I know what you did but i'm not gonna rush you into giving me answers so you can tell me when you're ready so thank you." Marinette tells him as he smiles.

"I'll tell you soon." Jasper says as he holds her hand making them both smile at each other.

"Where's Bella?" Marinette asks him. "She wanted to see you but you were still sleeping. She left a couple of minutes ago." Jasper tells her as she nods.

"Want me to drive you home?" Jasper asks her. "Sure." Marinette says as they walk out hand in hand.