Chapter 34:Who's Calling?

Hailey immersed herself in eating the crab, setting aside her uncertainties and worries, which she should not make important at all.

She came to this country for her Life Project, not a LOVE project.

She must not let herself be bothered every time her heart is acting strange. Because once everything is over, it will only be bittersweet memories.

Hailey was in deep thoughts, and her silence is apparent to Vince. She was focused on burying her feelings; she fails to notice that Vince is watching her earnestly.

Seeing her silence, he coughs to get Hailey's attention. "So, how was your training today?" he asked afterward.

Honestly, he can not think of any topic to start up for Hailey to feel comfortable around him. Sometimes he could see how she was being distant or seemed to put up a wall between them; which at times, she turned down his gestures like what happened a while ago when he was about to take off her shoes from her foot.

Her refusal upsets him. But dissolved after Hailey held on to his shoulder to get support not to out-balance.

Lately, he was figuring out what he better do that Hailey won't feel too civil toward him.

Somehow, it gladdens him she is obedient in public, not refusing their intimacy. But as she is just following their agreement, it made him a little sad.

He always had this thought. Sometimes, he wishes for the situation to be different.

Pondering, Vince sighs inwardly and then withdraws his gaze from Hailey. He picked up a plate of Italian pasta and offered it to her.

Tearing a sweet smile on her lips, she thanked Vince. "Thank you."

Putting down her spoon and setting aside her soup bowl. Vince then placed the plate in front of her.

She takes off the disposable plastic glove on her left hand and reaches for the water; she gulps half of the glass.

Is it a wonder she was eating by her hand?

Truly, she was born with a silver spoon in her mouth, and she grew up learning table etiquette strictly. But traveling in Asia teaches her a lot of exciting new things.

At first, it amazes her. Now eating with hands has become a habit of hers. But it depends on the dishes she's dining such; crabs, lobsters, or big prawns.

The first few days she started living in Vince's penthouse, and he comes over for dinner. It surprised him when she used plastic gloves to eat with her hands.

Now that Vince is used to her usages, he makes sure to prepared one for her to enjoy eating crabs more easily.

She could see that he is becoming considerate toward her, which pleases her. And having a candlelight dinner in his yacht out of the blue is a romantic gesture for her. However, as usual, this is just one of the acts she must play.

Hiding the sadness in her eyes and the bitter smile on her lips, she

answer Vince's query with cheer.

"It was so interesting today. Mrs. Gomez and Mr. Kirk, the Event Planner, gave us an activity of making a backdrop, and everyone is so creative! It blew me away at how lovely they are! It was like, wow! It amazed me! I always love seeing an enchanted reception, especially wedding ones! I'm always ecstatic to know someone is getting married! Not only that, but I love those flowers hanging from the entire ceiling with wonderful lights! And the table arrangements filled with flowers and..."

Hailey stopped talking after Vince stared at her with amusement in his eyes. She didn't realize that she was blabbing without a pause.

But truly, it excites her to learn how to do flower arrangements. She grew up having people to do everything she wanted, which sometimes she doesn't like the results. But she was shy to complain. And so, she let it be even if it disappoints her.