Chapter 74 - He Deserves Her Hug

Hailey didn't move. She controlled her breathing, pretended she was asleep, and didn't notice Vince's hard-on poking on her leg.

A long moment had passed; Hailey felt Vince's palms holding her head and place it down on the pillow, then Vince gets off the bed, leaving her bedroom.

Now she is left alone; Hailey opened her eyes and stared at the ceiling with confusion. Where is Vince going, and if he even plans to come back?

It was like half an hour had passed, but Vince didn't come back yet.

"Maybe he realizes that it's safer to sleep in a separate room." Hailey convinced herself that it was the case.

Shrugging her thoughts, she fixed her sleeping position and turned to her left side, dragged herself to sleep back.

She was dozing off when she felt the bed move a little, and her nose caught the fragrance of Vince's shampoo.

'He took a shower? In the middle of the night?'

'No. That's not it! He had a cold shower because of that... and probably...'

'Ahhhhhhhh! What am I imagining? Men normally do that!'

And she guesses the reason he had to do that. It aroused him lying next to her; then to him, she's physically attractive.

Hell, no!

Being physically attractive to a man is the last thing she wanted to hear.

She hopes for a man to see her worth and to love her unconditionally; it's not because she is wealthy and pretty, but thinking of her as the woman he wanted to grow old with.

But knowing Vince didn't take advantage of her but control his desires, that is a million points she would give to him, and HE DESERVES HER HUG.

Hailey extends one arm and places it around Vince's waist, burying her face to his shoulder.

Vince tore his lips with a pleasing smile. He could not restrain himself not to hold her this way.

Aware of the fact that he just relieved himself, Vince is praying that his body would stay calm throughout the night next to this wonderful girl inside his arms.

The next time she opens her eyes, the light from the window is blinding her. She tried to recall what happened last night.

In her recollection, Vince sleeps in her bedroom. But the other side of her bed is empty. And what's left is Vince's scent.

Hailey inhaled the fragrant coming from the pillow Vince was lying on all night. She grabs it and hugs it. She wanted to stay a little longer, but she wondered what time it is now.

Hailey turned on her other side to check her digital clock on top of the bedside table. It is almost nine in the morning.

"Oh! I haven't made our breakfast!"

Hailey sat up and jumped off the bed. She rushed toward the washroom, brushed her teeth, and wash her face.

She changes her pajama with an oversized t-shirt and denim shorts underneath.

Hailey sweeps her eyes to the entire living room while she descended on the staircase. Her eyes were looking for Vince, but it was empty.

"Where is he?"

Not long, Hailey noticed a shirtless man cleaning the pool area. This man is tending the landscape near the pool.

She leaned on the door and watched the busy man pick up a big pot and moved it to the other side. His arms display the muscles in it, and it looks divine when beads of sweat glistening as the sunlight kisses on his skin.