Chapter 68 - His Moon

SHEN GROUP HQ

Vince opens the car door and helps Hailey get out of the vehicle.

"Thank you."

Vince took her hand and led her toward the elevator.

It was Saturday, but several of his employees, mostly his architects and engineers, are in the company to finish designing their projects or making reports and strategic plans of their assigned tasks. And since Vince scheduled a meeting today, the executives are also present in the company.

Not long, the elevator stops at the top floor office. Vince supported Hailey by stepping out of the lift.

And she thinks Vince is overdoing it when there are no other people on the lift and the top floor is quiet. It means they don't need to act. But Vince doesn't want to let go of her hand.

"Good noon, boss! Hello, Miss Hailey!" Bowing at them, Tim greeted them full of enthusiasm. Seated behind his desk, working on something, he instantly sat up the moment he saw them.

"Hi, Tim! It's noon! Have you had lunch?"

"Yes, Miss Hailey, I am done eating," Tim replied. 'Thanks to you and the boss' has to reschedule the meeting to the afternoon. As compensation, he bought us a delicious meal!' However, he didn't share his thoughts. "And so, I am on my break. While I am on my vacation, I was working on my extra task, Miss!"

Tim is proud to say this in front of his boss. Indeed, he wants him to be impressed by him. 'It's for my bonus this month!'

"You are so hardworking, Tim! Well, the boss should reward you." Hailey said it loudly, even if Vince was standing next to her.

"Yes, Miss! I look forward to my bonus this month!"

Hailey giggled. It amuses her to see how determined Tim is to impress his boss. She glanced at Vince, who frowned at his assistant.

"He will receive his bonus if his presentation is impressive," Vince stated flatly.

"Oh..." Hailey still wanted to chat with Tim, but Vince resumed walking, pulling her hand. She had no choice but to follow him inside his office.

Tim left, stunned. He still wanted to continue joking around with his boss. 'He is such a killjoy!'

But he figures out that his assignment is a secret, and the boss doesn't want to discuss it in front of his girlfriend. 'Well, that's valid!'

But he noticed one thing. When he saw their arrival, the 'holding hands' instantly got his attention. And his boss has this smile on his face. Something is going on for real, is what Tim concluded.

"Heh! Fake girlfriend, huh? But he is holding Miss Hailey's hand when there are no other people here but me!" Tim snaps his finger and an evil smirk tears across his lips.

Inside the office, Hailey sweeps her gaze and appreciates the interior design. She need not guess that this room was Vince's idea.

Hailey walked toward the floor-ceiling window and looked at the entire city that was caught by her sight.

"Your office is exquisite!" Hailey praises; she turned around, but she slammed on Vince's chest. He is standing behind her, and his face is serious. 'Is he mad? What happened to him now?'

Hailey takes a step backward. But again, it trapped her by the window. But it confused her why Vince's mood suddenly changed.

She closed her eyes when Vince leaned over. However, he only whispered in her ear and did not kiss her.

"You have forgotten something."

"Huh? About what?" She opens her eyes and looks at him. Honestly, she doesn't know why Vince is mad now.