Chapter 64 - THE KISS

"Hey, guys! Let's do something fun before I go back to New York," Jake suggested. "How about let's have a party in your yacht, CEO Shen?"

Vincent shook his head as he refused. "Nah. I have a lot of things to do."

"Hey! We should celebrate the project you won from Dream City, big boss!"

"Shut up! I haven't known yet how big the project they are assigning me."

"But it was the Dream City!" Jake tries it out again; maybe this time, he could convince the guy. "Do you know how much the Davies Group budget for this project? TRILLION US Dollars, bro!"

"Whoa!" The men at their table are all looking at Vince.

"Imagine a BILLION DOLLAR project in US Dollars? That's a lot already, bro!" Echoed by their other classmates.

"Okay! And that the reason I have to work hard and have fewer drinking parties," Vince reasons out. It was true, but his main reason, he just wanted to stay home with Hailey.

"Man, since we are in High School, you've rarely come with us."

"I know... Mom is too strict with me. It's only a few memories I have that I had fun in my teenage life. But I didn't hate them. Mom's nagging becomes my path to achieve what I wanted. And that to win over to manage our company and win international projects."

"I think you are a mama's boy." Confessed by one of their friends. "But damn! When the news explodes that you have a girlfriend and are living together... My impression about Vincent Shen has changed!"

"And what's more? The Great Madame Shen can do nothing about it!" The other men chimed in.

"Love conquers all!"

Vincent chuckled, shaking his head. He could not correct his friends' judgment. Besides, nothing wrong with their assumption. 'Love conquers all, huh?'

Well... He never denied it to his friends or other people, the reason no one suspects that his relationship with Hailey is just an act. Or it is what Hailey believes.

Thinking about this, a playful smirk curved his lips, and they saw it. Because of it, Vince was teased further.

"You know, guys... Vincent Shen is not mama's boy. He is only an obedient son."

"Yeah!" They cheer to that, followed by glasses clinking and cracks out.

He was already used to calling him mama's boy. At first, he got angry. But later on, he chooses to ignore those who bully him when he is young. But when he was in High School, he crossed many fights because of it.

Probably, it was the reason his name was known in Metro City; after he beat up those who bugged him, but then his mother would still nag him because of it.

The more he stays away from any fight and obediently follows his parents, the more he was teased and bullied.

'The life rules are sometimes a great joke to others.' Vince thought to himself.

*

Meanwhile, Hailey and Hazel sat at the bar and ordered cocktail drinks.

"Hail, slow down! Wow! You emptied the glass in one go!" Hazel is not an expert with liquor, but she knows that most cocktails are hard drinks.

"It tastes great!" Hailey complimented. She also praises the bartender and orders one more time. While waiting for her drinks, she queried the bartender.

The reason she headed to the bar is to try the famous cocktails she saw that posted on social media a month ago. She learns that the bartenders to serve tonight are from the known Academy that experts in mixing drinks and their students are usually sent abroad and work in famous hotels and cruise ships.