Chapter 45:Post Valentine's Day

Vince chooses a table on the corner to have a private talk with Hailey.

Seated opposite each other, Hailey noticed that every pair of eyes in that room curiously looking at their table, and it made her uncomfortable.

She glanced at Vince, and he seemed only ignoring everyone, even talks start arising in the café.

Well, everyone knew he was married, and they have never seen him dated after then. But here he is, having coffee with someone tonight.

Well, for Hailey, they are just having coffee. However, she's still in a state of debating within herself why did she accept the invitation?

Now she was on the hot seat. All the eyes were scanning her from the head down to her flat Strappy sandal.

Gladly, their coffee arrived. She ignored everyone but leisurely sipped on the mug.

Later, Vince spoke up. He said, "Just ignored everyone. Don't pay any attention to them."

"Ah, no. I'm not really..." I was only anxious that I'm with you!

"Anyway, about what you heard. It was true. I ask for a divorce from my nominal wife."

Hailey chooses to listen, as she didn't know how to react. Besides, a question was playing on her head.

'Why is Vincent Shen telling her this?'

She truly overheard his conversation, but it's not something she would gossip around.

Is it the reason Vince invited her for a coffee? She could perceive that if other people heard it, they already posted it on social media or sold the information to Entertainment sites.

"You have nothing to worry about. I won't spread out what I heard. I don't mind others' business," she assured Vince. She comprehends that it must be what he worries about.

"I'm glad to hear that from you. But I still wanted to tell you, if you don't mind?"

"Oh! I'm all ears! I will pretend that my left ear heard it but exited to my right."

Vince chuckled. He thinks she is cute and honest. "Well, as what you heard. I want my nominal wife to sign the divorce paper."

"Is the marriage didn't work out?" she asked curiously. She wanted to find out why Eva was still having an affair with her ex.

Vince only laughs at her question. She finds it offensive, but he quickly apologizes.

"I'm sorry. I... No. We don't need to work on our marriage. Eva and I were only forced into this marriage. So, we both agreed to get divorced after two years."

Hailey studied Vince's face. He is sure not joking, but why is he more sounded explaining? She mused.

"So what happens?" And why am I making questions here? Is this a talk show?

However, she could see Vince seemed willing to answer her queries.

"Yeah. We never live as a couple. After the marriage, we go separate ways."

"Really? You didn't check on her or what she is doing all these years. Are you both married? I mean..." She's still married to you! She's still your wife!

"I'm not interested in her life. I think she is living with her boyfriend after our wedding ceremony..." Vince paused when he saw her coughing. "Are you okay?"

Hailey was choked with the coffee she drank. That has brought a real shock to her nerves.

So, Vince knows Eva is seeing another man, and Vince doesn't give a damn about it!