|| FIFTEEN ||

"That's the stupidest thing i've ever heard." Diego said. "Is it? Well, whatever we're doing's not working." I asked.

Luther shook his head and agreed. "All we ever do is save the world for a day, pat ourselves on the back, and then everything goes to shit again." He explained.

"Yeah, maybe we're the problem." Viktor said.

"Oh, yeah. Us." Allison scoffed.

"Yeah, us." I nodded and looked at Allison with a 'duh' look.

"So, wait. Your big plan is..no plan?" Lila asked. "Exactly. Conscientious objection." He replied, pointing to Lila. "Why the hell not? We've tried everything else. Look, maybe this is just what the universe needs. I say, embrace the apocalypse. See what's on the other side." Five said.

"hell." I mumbled, earning a look from Five.

"What if it's..nothing?" Sloane asked, cuddling on Luther. "Then it's been nice knowing you all." Five looked at me specifically. "Whatever's on your bucket list, I recommend you do that now." He sat next to me.

We all sighed in defeat.

"Well, on that..super happy note, we've, um.." Luther started. Sloane and Luther stood up, laughing. We all stared in confusion. "We've, uh, got a little announcement to make." Luther started. "We're engaged!!" The two said at the same time.

"Kill me, jesus." Ben mumbled.

Me and Five looked at each other, confused, then looking back at the now engaged couple.

"Now?" Allison asked.

"Yeah. Look, we realize the timing is less than ideal. But, obviously, it's now or never. Am i right Five?" Luther asked. They looked happy honestly, im slightly proud and disappointed.

"Don't drag me into this, please." Five shook his head.

"What..whatever time we have left, we wanna spend it with all of you. So we're super pumped if you would join us in the banquet hall at 6:00 pm for celebration of our love, and the official union of what's left of our two great families." Sloane said, happily. I smiled at her happiness.

"Dress code is creative black tie." Luther added. Five looked at me with a look that says 'this is crazy'. I hit his arm, "it's cute, be nice." I whispered, making him laugh softly.

We all examined the jars Sloane passed out with little notes inside. "Wow.." I shook the jar, "look, Five." I leaned closer to Five is show him the jar. He raised his eyebrows and pretended to be amused.

Suddenly, Dad and Klaus storm in.

"Dad?" I furrowed my brows.
"Klaus!" Allison stood up.
"Oh, thank God." Viktor sighed.

"Gather 'round, children. Quickly now!" Dad yelled. "The hell have you been?!" Diego asked Klaus. "Oh, Reg and i..we got all tangled up in a whole father-son-end-of-the-world road trip kinda thing. You know?" Klaus explained. I stood up in confusion.

"You two are hanging now?" Ben asked, clearing jealous. "Yeah! We laughed, we cried, we played in traffic, and long story short, i'm immortal now" Klaus flexed.

"What?" I asked in confusion, Five who was stunned, stood up.

"Whoa, wait. You're what now?" Luther asked.

"Klaus, have you gotten into the bath salts again?" Allison asked.

"I think the more pertinent question is, why are you all playing with jars?" Dad asked, looking down at our hands.

"They're invitations. Luther and i are getting married" Sloane handed him a jar.

"All is space and time is collapsing and you lot are planning a wedding?" Dad asked in disbelief.

"Yeah, and, uh, the thing is, um, space is unlimited. So it's kind of a perplate situation, so, you know." Luther said before he took the invitation out Dad's hand.

"Is this how i raised you? To riddle while Rome burns?" Dad asked him. "Remember what we talked about, Reg. Remember to breath." Klaus walked up to him. "Quiet, im on a roll." He told him.

"Dad, have you been taking your pills?" I asked. "As a matter of fact, i haven't. And i can confirm that i've never felt better in my life. You thought you could dope me up and slow me down, take control of my affairs and squander my fortune. Well, Klaus here was good enough to wean me off that wrenched poison. And now that the fog is lifting, i can see your dastardly designs with a bracing clarity." He put his hands on his hips.

"You took him off his meds? What we're you thinking?" I asked Klaus. "Clearly he's the only one doing any thinking at all! All of you could learn a thing or two from this impressive young man." He pointed to Klaus. "Unbelievable.." I mumbled. Five rubbed my shoulder, signaling me to calm down.

Diego snickered, "The world really is ending! Oh my God." He laughed.

"As for the rest of you, your training is to resume post haste. We're running out of time. We still have a mission to complete!" He demanded.

"I'm ready. Let's do this." Ben replied.

"Let me guess. Project Oblivion?" Five grinned.

Reggie's face dropped. "How do you know about that?" He asked.

"We heard all about it from Pogo." I answered.

"Now, there's a name i haven't heard is some time." He looked away.

"And he confirmed what i've always suspected about you." Five continued.

"Which is?" Dad asked. "That you're. sadistic lunatic who's planning on gambling all of our lives in another pointless mission." Five narrowed his eyes.

"And you'd take the word of a disgruntled chimp over that if your own father?" He asked in disbelief.

Five teleported right in front of Dad, getting up close to his face. "Every damn day." He smiled.

"Nobody wants you here, Dad. You should leave." Luther told him.

"Hey, you don't speak for all of us, big guy." Ben interrupted.

"No, but he speaks for all of us but you." I grinned, earning a glare from Ben.

"Feel free to join him." Luther pointed to Dad.

"I see. So this is what it's come to. Insurrection." He said.

Klaus tried to shush him. "That's not the kind of erection we're driving for here, all right? Everybody just needs to be cool. Clearly you guys are on a different chakra frequency right now. Hey, pops, let's go have a nice cup of tea in the suite." He grabbed Dad's arm.

"What are you doing? Let go of my arm!" Dad squirmed.

"Luther, Sloane. Oh my god, i'm beyond thrilled. You guys are gorgeous, amazing. Send me your registry!" Klaus yelled as he dragged Dad away.

I shook my head and walked off, i didn't know where to go but i needed to go somewhere.

"Hey, y/n!" Five yelled, catching up to me. I stopped and turned around in confusion. "Where are you going?" He asked, out of breath. "The bathroom?" I answered.

He grabbed my waist and held me tight before pressing his lips against mine, passionately. I closed my eyes, but pulled away after a few moments. "what was that for?" I asked in confusion, "the end of the world." he smiled softly, looking into my eyes. I laughed before giving him a kiss one more time.