|| TWENTY ONE ||

"Are you gonna go with them?" Five asked as we sat at the buffet. "Not a chance" i shook my head, drinking some water for the first time in days. "good" he said, taking a sip of my water. "yeah, good" i looked at him awkwardly.

"you okay?" he asked with confusion.
"yeah, why?" I shrugged, continuing to sip my water. "You seem off" he narrowed his eyes, trying to read my emotions. "i'm not off, maybe your off!" i shrugged. He raised his thick eyebrows before looking into my eyes. "We didn't do anything last night, y/n" he reassured me. "That's not what i'm worried about, Five" i laughed slightly. "i'm worried about what dad is up to. I mean, i'm not the only one who saw him talking to someone last night!" i exclaimed. "lower your voice" he said quietly. "sorry" i whispered. "your right, but it's too dangerous for us to find out manually" he said, looking around at the siblings who were talking by the stairs. "what's so dangerous about Reggie?" i asked, furrowing my eyebrows. "Reggie is not dangerous , but Reggie off his meds is unclear" Five said quietly, leaning closer to my ear. I took a deep breath, "it couldn't be Ben, right?" i asked, looking in Ben's direction. "No clue" Five shook his head.

"What's up with you and Ben?" Five sat back. "What do you mean?" i asked with confusion. "Earlier i was in Sloane's room, talking to Luther and saw a picture of you and Ben on the table" He asked, looking at me with curiosity and jealousy. "Ben is my brother, Five" i grinned at his jealous face. "Not biological" He said, sipping his glass of water. "Okay, Ben and i are nothing! He just was obsessed with me for a few months but i'm sure he's over it now." I threw my hands up. "Seems like you were interested too" He narrowed his eyes. "the feeling was never mutual" i shook my head with frustration. Five didn't say anything else, he just looked away with a straight face. I could tell he was overly jealous.

"Five, stop" i looked at him. He turned to me with an expression i couldn't read. "If he tries something with you again, let me know" he looked into my eyes. I nodded quickly before smiling to myself. "Let's go" He said as he stood up and grabbed my waist, with his eyes looking directly at Ben from across the room. I stood up and followed him.

"hey" we walked into Luther looking outside the window. "Hey, how long do we have left?" Luther asked, looking no where else except the window. "A couple hours. Could be more, could be less" Five told him as he held onto my hand. "Where's Sloane?" I asked, realizing she was not there there with him. "Raiding the wine cellar for our end of the world party." He looked at me. "So i guess you guys know which way you're voting." I said, holding onto Five's hand. "You guys are more than welcome to join us" Luther said, "We're still on the fence for that one." Five spoke.
"We saw something last night that we were not supposed to see." Five explained. "Diego and Lila? Yeah, they do it on the stairs sometimes" Luther said. "And you're used to it?" I laughed. "Gross, and no, we saw Dad. He was in his room with someone. He was making some kind of deal. " Five said, letting go of my hand and started walking around the room. "Before you ask, we don't know what the deal was or who it was with." I said, looking around the room curiously. "Wasnt me or Sloane." Luther shook his head. "We we're busy doing..other things last night" He said with a weird tone. "Yeah, we get it, Luther. Thank you. Everyone was boning everyone last night." Five said, frustrated. "Cmon, don't act like you guys weren't apart of the team." Luther smiled. "Oh god" i rolled my eyes. "Wait, did Ben hook up with someone?" Luther asked, confused. That really had me wondering.

"Focus, please." Five put his hands up in the air. "That story about the bells? There something Dad's not telling us. Think about it. When has the old man ever been straight with us?" Five asked. "I don't know. He was pretty ruthless in our performance reviews." Luther replied. "He always gave me five stars" Five said, furrowing his brows. "same" i nodded. "really?" Luther tilted his head.  "look, i'm old enough to trust my instinct, and it's telling me this is a trap." Five said, focusing again. Luther looked at us, confused. "Food for thought." i said as both me and Five exited the room.

As me and Five were walking downstairs, i spotted Lila sneaking into the washroom. "I'm gonna go use the bathroom. I'll meet you down there" I told Five. He nodded and watched me as i walked into the washroom quickly.

"Lila" I said, seeing her holding her hands to her stomach. "hey" she sighed, looking at her belly in the cracked dirty mirror. "you okay?" i walked closer to her. She looked down nervously, "i'm okay. I'm just bummed" She shook her head. "About what? Talk to me" I reassured her. "Just the baby. If this doesn't work out, my baby will never be able to see the light in the sky" Her eyes started to water. "Lila, whether this works out or not, everything will be just fine. We'll find a way, don't worry" i took her hand. She smiled softly as a tear dropped down her cheek. "I can't believe i got knocked up before you" she laughed, wiping the tears off her face. "Hey! What's that supposed to mean?" I laughed. "Nothing! I just never pictured myself being a mom before you." She smiled again. I smiled softly "You think i'd be a good mother?" I raised my brows. "I think you would've been a great mother, Y/n" she nodded. "would've." i repeated. She looked at me with sorrow, "i'm sorry" she said quietly, "you'll be a mother one day, i just know it" she held my hand.  I smiled, thanking her.

When i was 34 i met this amazing guy who gave me the world, or tried to at least. Of course, i met him on a stupid mission and couldn't truly be with him. He wanted to marry me. I loved him so much i almost betrayed my mother for him. I was ready to settle down, get married and be a mother. Now i believe i'll never achieve my dreams.

"There you are" i said as i was met with Five, who i was looking for downstairs but found him in the buffalo suite instead. "Everything alright?" I asked him. He was panting around the room, looking for something. Like a clue or trace of blood. "No, something is not right about his plan." He said, analyzing the mysterious door that has been eating people alive. "Five" i grabbed his arm, trying to calm him down. He looked down at me, his face softening as it was met with mine. "It's okay. Maybe it's just time for this to happen. I mean, me and you spent the majority of our lives running away from this, maybe it finally caught up to us." I rested my head on his shoulder. He thought for a few seconds before kissing my head lightly and looking back up. "Maybe your right" he whispered.

______________________

Happy birthday to Aidannnn!! 🫶🏼🫶🏼  *sorry, i know i'm a tiny bit late!*