| EIGHTEEN |

"I'm proud to call you my children. Even those whom i raised in a revenant version of myself." Dad spoke in the microphone. Five listened and watched him eagerly and passionately. I blinked, not really understanding what point my dad was trying to make. My head was woozy and my legs were tingly. My skin had small goosebumps and my hair frayed along my back.

"I hope that tonight we can create a few special memories in whatever precious little time we have left." Dad continued. I yawned in boredom, not really getting the hype of this speech. "How does it feel having the better dad?" Five turned to me with a blank expression. I looked at him confused, wondering if he was joking or not. I laughed awkwardly, "it doesn't feel like love i'll tell you that" i took a sip of my vodka. "Does it feel like family?" He asked in all seriousness. I tilted my head with confusion, "sometimes. why?" i replied. He looked at me for a few moments, "i wish i had enough time to be apart of it" He said, deepening his voice slightly to show he was being serious, not just bluffing. My heart sank. It was true, Five and me aren't going to end up anywhere because we'll be dead. What does this make us? A fling? A hookup? "you still can" i reassured him and shook my head. He pressed his lips together as he thought, " i hope so " he smiled slightly, causing me to smile also.

"The sun rises over a lilys field. A mother veiled, her lips concealed. The mourners come in droves of black to bury what their hearts unpack. With shallow breath and time eclipsed, i pray you miss death's gentle kiss. " Dad finally finished, throwing up a glass of wine. Klaus stood up clapping, "Beautiful! Bravo, Dad! Bravo!" he spoked, leading everyone else in the room to also clap. "that makes no sense!" Ben groaned. He was drunk, way more drunk then me i think.

"I didn't think the old man had it in him." Five said, staring into space. My face frowned, not because i felt bad but because i knew how he felt. I knew the feeling of craving the support from someone who you are supposed to call your parent, give love to another child. I rested my head on his shoulder, holding onto his arm trying to give him comfort. I didn't know what to say, really. Usually i can go on and on about my mommy issues and daddy issues but tonight i just wanted to be happy for the first time in months..

"All right! All right! Time to turn those frowns upside down! This one is for all the party people in the place . " Chet, the front desk man turned up the music. I looked at Five, smiling with hope that he'd say yes to dance. "the smile always gets me" he grinned, taking my hand and walking me over to the dance floor.

We all danced together crazily, jumping around and twisting and twirling every chance we get. We laughed and sang along to the music, i held onto Fives hand the whole time, encouraging him to let loose and dance. Of course, he eventually gave in. I laughed as i watched him horribly dance around freely, but mostly it made me happy to see him smile like this after a long time.
The colorful lights and the loud music fit together perfectly like a puzzle. All of us enjoying the moment and not thinking about the past or future. Just the present. At this point i couldn't tell who was sober, tipsy, or drunk. We all looked out of it honestly.

Five spun me around multiple times and played with my hair as we danced. Ben was even dancing! It was a beautiful sight from all perspectives around the room and eyes. I think we all totally forgot the world was ending.

~

🎶Come In Mr. Lonely🎶

The microphone squeaked loudly, "come on in. sit right down Mr. lonley" Five sang slightly off beat. I sat as i watched the beautiful man in front of me enjoy his night. I smiled and listened to him sing and slur his words here and there.

"No offense, but you know. I'm still looking" Five sang, holding his arm out. I laughed and cheered to encourage him. He finished his karaoke moment and stepped down from the stage. "That was beautiful, Hargreeves " I laughed, clapping slowly and quietly. "As it usually is" He smiled as he kissed the top of my head and put his arm around me, making my heart warm.

We all walked outside to the beautiful outside setup with fairy lights and tree veins as decorations. Five sat on the stone bench as i sat on the floor right below him, in between his legs. Lila and Diego sat on the bench right next to us, with Lila laying in Diego's lap. " It's probably a good thing. I would've been a shit mum" Lila spoke. I furrowed my brows "Lila, you would've been the best mom in the world" I threw my hands up showing her i meant it. I took the bottle of champagne out of Five's hand and finished it. "Lila's pregnant?" Five whispered to me. I ignored it and laughed.

"Hey, guys." Luther and Sloane approached the four of us. They both sat on the steps next to us. Viktor also joined us, sitting on a bench drinking champagne.

"Oh, no , no , no , no!" Diego yelled as Klaus approached us with Ben. "Klaus, why are you bringing ben here?" Five asked, annoyed.

"Hear me out before-" Ben spoke. He was totally out of it. If he was sober he would book a flight to mars right now. "Hear him out." Klaus said.

"hello Benny" i grinned, Ben replied by pointing and smiling at me with a cigarette between his lips.

"The brother that you all knew as Ben is gone. And not- i don't mean our Ben, the nice Ben. I mean this Ben. The asshole, he's gone now!" Klaus pointed to Ben. "Gone." Ben whispered, swiping his hand across his neck. "Klaus, what are you talking about?" Luther asked. "And the man that stands in front of you is the new new Ben, and he's one of us, and he's the memeber of the team." Klaus explained.

"And he's part of the-"
"-part of the family!" The two said in sync, laughing.

"And as a welcome gift, i suggest we throw him off the roof." Five said, making me hit his knee.

"Yeah. i'll help." Diego said.

"you know what? he can stay." Luther said.

"why?"

"cause it's my wedding day, man. Come on. He can stay. " Luther said, pointing at the two drunk bros.

"yes!" they said, arm around the other. Five shook his head in disappointment, making me laugh.

___________

Thank you so much for so many reads, part nineteen will be out sometime this week i promise!