CHAPTER 1

Celest's Pov :
" Dear Onyx It's been 178 days , a couple fucking hours and whatever seconds since I was trapped in this basement. And one thing that's for sure is that no one is coming to save me .

I am 15 years and 6 months old today to be exact . You must be wondering what I have been doing in a basement ,well this isn't what I do in my spare time obviously.

I was kidnapped when I was 5 years old from my family, i don't remember them much but all I do know is that I had 4 brothers and a loving father . If memory serves right he was very fond of braiding my hair .

Now I am not that sure that they were even real to begin with because if they were wouldn't they have come to save me . Well I don't know .

Besides at age 13 i successfully ran away from these horrible people and lived two years being free . I became strong and feared . I thrived being feared because i never knew what that felt like before .

Then my uncle mourad had to ruin my life and re - kidnap me , is that even a word i don't know .

Now everyday I get a good 2 hour beating as my daily meal which I am very grateful for (note the sarcasm) and i am positive I lost all the weight i worked two years to gain i can literally count all my ribs .

But I am not loosing hope not yet I am sure soon enough I will be able to sneak out without getting killed .
Signing out celest . "

Sighing loudly i crumpled up the piece of tissue i took from one of mourads friends pockets to be my make shift diary . This was the first time in 6 months I expressed my thoughts outside my head .

I haven't spoken since I was 10 ever since mourad cut my vocal chords so I couldn't scream Gee thanks .

Even though i know I said I won't loose hope that was a lie I lost hope 6 months ago when mourad and his friends killed Haru . I loved haru and when they killed him i lost a part of me i didn't even realise i had .

The only bright thing about this whole situation is that nobody has tried to touch me . Yet . Apart from the regular beatings no one has taken advantage of me . Yet . I can't relive that . But i know I won't be this lucky for long .

Mourad has probably realised by now that i have given up and to reward me for giving him exactly what he wanted he is probably organising something grand . Something absolutely humiliating, something absolutely horrifying and i don't think I can live through it . Not again .
.
.
.
.
.
I wake up to the sound of someones footsteps, and i got a feeling I was in trouble.

Mourad and his friends were never quiet when they came for a visit , they would always laugh and pass comments but this felt different and i couldn't stop shivering.

I felt a pair of cold hands on my arms and immediately i started to sign for them to leave me alone that I was sorry but i didn't know what I was apologizing for .

The person then took out a lighter providing some source of light in the dark clummy room . I then realized it was my aunt silver avd i jumped into her arms forgetting about the fire and hugged her .

I knew she was not there to save me , she never tried to before and i never blamed her for it . She was scared of mourad like I was. She never talked , i am not sure if mourad did something to her to make her not talk like he did to me or she was born like that , I never asked either.

For the first time since I ever knew her she talked to me specifically she signed so this confirmed my assumption that she did indeed couldn't talk .

She said "stand up and follow me" . At first I was too lost in the comfort she provided to realise what she said .

She repeated again and i questioned her " why didn't you ever talk to me before" . She ignored my question well i didn't expect her to answer it anyways .

She repeated to follow her and this time I did . I was scared that she might be leading me to mourad and his friends but my gut said it was entirely something else she was trying to do .

After following her outside the basement we went out from a back door which led to a series of steps . The steps led outside the house, the house which once i considered to be a home .

I immediately stopped in my tracks realising what she was trying to do . She was helping me but i didn't understand why and i didn't ask either .

She pulled on my hands to start walking again and i listened.

After some time we started running and didn't stop until we both were a heaving mess, more her since she was easily pushing her 40s .

We entered an alley way which I assumed had a getaway car of some sort and I was right .

A/N:
So to clear out a few doubts that u might have while reading the first chapter
1) Onyx is what celest writes when she journals rather than writing "dear diary" she writes "dear Onyx" we will get to know why she does this in the future chapters .
2) Mourad is celests uncle who is responsible for kidnapping her and making her go though stuff which no kid should go through .
3)Aunt silver is mourads wife and she can't verbally talk like celest and NVR made an effort to talk to her in the 8 years celest was with them
4) celest ran away when she was 13 and was recaptured at age 15 .
5) we will get to know how haru died and who he was in the next chapters
6) celest and aunt silver use ASL
Sorry if the first chapter was a little boring. Please bare with me but the story will get much better with the next chapters.
I know it might be little confusing but feel free to ask me ☺️
.
.
.

 I know it might be little confusing but feel free to ask me ☺️