CHAPTER 20

Aaron's pov :

We were heading towards her room when I asked her "Where is the institution located"

The very second these words left my mouth , Celest went numb in my arms . I could feel her heart hammering against my chest .

She went so still that i couldn't even feel her breathing any more . It felt like I was holding a lifeless body almost similar to the time I found her in mourads basement .

I shook her a bit to get her out of her trance . " 5 questions for every missed shot " I am not sure why I felt the urge to say it but i just wanted a reaction from her . Any reaction would do , to prevent her from getting stuck in that mind of hers .

My words did exactly just that because she swatted the back of my head . "Ouch " it didnt hurt a bit , we really gotta work on her strength .

She took my phone that was tucked in my shirt pocket and started typing something on the notes app.

She very kindly shoved it in my face so i could read what she wrote . "I know how many shots I missed you don't have to remind me of it "

"Didn't know you were such a sore loser " I gently put her down on her bed after almost tripping from one of her sweaters lying on the ground . Her and Leo really need to learn about the term cleanliness but she is way better than that untidy fucker .

"says the guy who had to make up rules so he could win "she ever so kindly ended the message with 4 middle finger emojis . "well next time don't shake on it until you know all the stakes" I said .

I kneed down and gently took out the converse that she was wearing .

"didnt know I signed up for a moral's class " she really is trying her best to divert me from my question .

"I will be glad to teach you a thing or two " I said and she rolled her eyes at me and pulled herself under the covers .

"you still haven't answered my question " I slowly went on the other side of the bed and sat beside her . I tried to go under the covers as well but she pulled it from me . "rude " I scoffed .

"How do you know about that place " before I could answer she started typing again " I know I lost and don't get to ask any questions but just answer this one question " there was a slight urgency in her voice .

It took me a second to figure out why she so desperately wanted to know but then I understood her question . She was afraid that I might want to join it or be a part of it which was far from the truth .

"Its not how I know about that place its why I know about it " she looked confused but I continued . "I know you were sent there when you were 12 and I also know what happens there well I have a idea about it "

While I was going through her journal that I found in Mourads place, the last entry was dated back to July 2020 around the time when she must have been 12 . I didn't read the whole thing but I just briefly remember what she wrote on the last page . She wrote that Mourad was sending her to some new place . I put two and two together and realised Mourad must have been planning to send her to the institution.

"And the only reason I want you to tell me its location is so I can destroy it " i continued and finally celest looked into my eyes , she was avoiding looking at me this whole time probably scared that I will confirm her doubts .

"I plan to burn its roots all its connections all the suppliers and dealers involved with the institution and most of all I want to destroy all of its trace which still clearly haunts you " finding Celestine was my number one agenda almost my whole life . Now I aim to burn every conceivable trace that ties her to that painful past.