Bad Moon Rising (Part 2)

I do not own H2O: Just Add Water or any of the characters.

Chapter 43: Bad Moon Rising (Part 2)

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[In Emma's living room, the two non-moonspelled mermaids sit Rikki down gently on the couch, trying to cool off the hot-tempered blonde. Emma places a fan in front of Rikki as the latter begins throwing apologies her way.]

Rikki: "I'm sorry for burning your hand. I mean, it was an accident. I didn't mean to."

"Which is the truth. I didn't mean it," Rikki said quietly. "We've already been over this, Rikki. You were moonspelled. You had no idea," Emma repeated for what felt like the hundredth time.

Emma: nods as she adjusts the height of the stand for the fan. "Rikki, it's ok. It's fine."

Rikki: shrugs. "I just don't know what's wrong with me."

"It's not you, it's the moon that's causing all of this. You never meant for any of that to happen," Bella said gently. "I know. But it still feels weird having to see it for the first time," Rikki shuttered.

Cleo: walks over to her and leans against the back of the couch. Rikki turns to face her. "Nothing's wrong, Rikki. It's the moon. We've just gotta keep your temperature down."

"Why didn't you use your powers on her, Em? Surely that would've cooled her off, wouldn't it?" her little brother asked. "That was the first thing we tried. Unfortunately, my powers were ineffective on her during a full moon. The only thing it did was create more moisture in the air," Emma sighed.

"And you thought a fan would do the trick?" Kim raised an eyebrow. "It was the only thing that wouldn't melt at her touch," Cleo explained.

Emma: "And to do that, you need to settle down." She and Cleo walk over to the edge of the entryway. Distant enough to where Rikki couldn't hear over the roaring of the fan, but close enough to keep an eye on her.

"Like any of you listened during a full moon," Lewis scoffed.

"The more emotions she has, the worse her powers got," Emma told everyone, the others nodded along. "Then it must've been one heck of a ride," Rikki mumbled to herself, having a flashback of Zane's sunburnt face at the Juicenet.

Cleo: "What are we going to do? Her powers are out of control."

"You could keep a better eye on her," Will suggested. "Like we haven't thought of that before," Emma and Lewis say simultaneously. "Gee, why didn't I think of that?" Cleo scoffed, rolling her eyes. "Leave the sarcasm to your sister, sweetheart. She's better at it," Don joked; Kim shrugged. "He's not wrong."

Emma: "I don't know. But we have to stay calm." Unbeknownst to them, Rikki stands up from her spot on the couch and sneaks past them into the kitchen. "The most important thing is that we stick together. Ok?" Cleo nods and Emma does the same.

"You're the one that has to remain calm? What about me? And how come I wasn't a part of that conversation?" Rikki questioned, gesturing to herself. "You aren't an easy person to mermaid-sit. And you wouldn't have remembered it anyway," Emma remarked.

"You had one job. And you couldn't even do that?" Kim said, rubbing her forehead as they watched Rikki walk away from view. "Maybe we should've watched her better," Cleo winced, seeing how easy it was for Rikki to get away from them. "Ya think?" Kim sarcastically said. "Hm, so you do like me, huh?" Rikki joked. "You're my favorite so far," Kim shrugged. "Uh, excuse me?" Cleo said. "Favorite sister's friend," Kim corrected. "Excuse me?!" Emma exclaimed.