51 - He lied again

I don't want to lie but
I don't have any other option.
So I will lie again as for now it's the only option.

●|🍁|●

"Everything good, Mr. Roy Chowdhury?" Ms. Margaret stood at the threshold of Bondita's hostel room with a frown.

"Nothing, just pack Bondita's belongings and important stuff," Anirudh said as he placed the empty suitcase in front of her and shoved his hand in his pocket.

"But... she was supposed to be in the hospital for the whole week," she reminded.

"I'm aware of that. However, for fast healing, she needs a homely environment. Thus, neither the hospital nor the hostel will provide that for her."

With a nervous glance at him, she nodded, wondering if it was correct for Bondita to stay with him at the penthouse.

"I need to have a word with the hostel officials, excuse me," he said walking out briskly.

On his way, Anirudh took out the letter from his pocket, smirking at it smugly. He banged the letter on the reception desk, causing the receptionist to flinch, and then leaned in with clasped hands, interested.

"Yes?" The receptionist composed himself.

"Where's the official of this hostel? I couldn't locate him in the cabin," Anirudh remarked.

"Here," a tall British man stood behind him.

"I'm Smith Evans. How may I help you?" he asked.

"By giving up on your job or your malpractices," Anirudh mumbled, offering the letter to him.

"Excuse me?"

"Excused. Now listen, I've paid an enormous amount in the past twenty-one months for my girl over here. I assumed that, according to the name of the hostel, the safety and welfare of the wards would be your top priority. I heard that you people prefer the best quality of commodities for the wards. Guess what, you failed your 'father.'"

"We've provided everything that we could," Smith admonished.

"You..." Anirudh locked eyes with the man firmly and said through gritted teeth. "You partially corrupted the food quality of the wards to keep the excess amount for yourself. You even tampered with the infrastructure and furniture quality!"

"You can check the files," Smith jibed with a smirk.

The corner of Anirudh's lips quirked. "My boy didn't do his homework. At least give valid excuses."

Smith's smile faltered.

"Do you think a reputed Barrister is silly? I actually chatted with the departmental officer last night. You should know, I'm the third person lodging a complaint against you. Here is my complaint letter, approved by the head," Anirudh remarked, cocking a brow and pointing at the letter. Smith's face fell upon seeing the signature of the head on it.