55 - Crash landing on you

He doesn't need anyone's validation; he has his family and status. Validations doesn't matter.
Or does it?

•|🍁|•

"Are you going to keep the lights on?" Bondita's face swiveled to him. She could drape her arm over her eyes, but she preferred dim light for sleep.

"Is it bothering you?" He asked, not lifting his eyes off the book, without giving her a single glance. She furrowed her brows, wondering if the book was that interesting.

"What are you reading?"
"A political novel." She scoffed, of course. How could her Barrister Babu be interested in a comic or something else? Bondita glanced at the book evilly, feeling jealous that it was receiving all his attention.

"Are you going to sleep like that?" She pointed at him, who was sitting on the couch without a backrest.

"Hmm, hmm"
"Why? Are you a horse?" She giggled.

"Horses sleep while standing; I am seated," he answered. Must he always find logic? Although she squinted, she found his logic fascinating. "Sleep; I will turn off the lights."

"No, keep it on. You will worsen your eyesight," she warned him. "And, Sakha Babu, do you... do you have a wound on your thigh?"

He looked at her, startled. "What?"

"Yes, when I hit you there... there was something ball-like. Like a shuttlecock!"

His face reddened. That wasn't a shuttlecock but actually his Co..! He squeezed his eyes shut in unwanted embarrassment. Does he have to tell her now that she hit him on his pelvic region? He cleared his throat, sitting straight. "I am good. And no, I don't ", It's better if this night passed out quietly. He's too exhausted to deal with anything more tonight. Tomorrow can wait. "Go to sleep already, Bondita"

She scoffed, turning away, "Khadoos Babu."

Meanwhile, at her house, Celicia sat on her bed, drying off her soaked hair after a bath. Her father presented her with a cupcake, and her eyes met his as she followed the hands.

"Here, have this," he said, sitting beside her and gently taking the towel from her hand to lovingly wipe her tresses. "Thank you," she said sweetly.

"You don't thank your parents for every bare minimum, silly," Darren Lewis chuckled softly.

"Daddy, how did you get this?" She pointed to the scar on his arm, gently tracing the scar, her voice filled with concern.

"Ah, well, when I was working at the factory, I fell," he half-shrugged hesitantly, downplaying the incident. She gulped, her fingers tracing his wound. "And not because your boss raised his hand against you again?" Her voice was barely above a whisper, her eyes filled with worry.